Quote Originally Posted by kodacakes
I don't think I'd ever want to eat a crayfish... even my boyfriend says they just taste dirty haha of course that could be that they didn't come from a cleaner water source? Because I've seen some people refer to them as "freshwater lobster." I doubt that's the case but I'm just throwing out things I've read for discussion
Crayfish, crawfish, crawdads, mudbugs, whatever you call 'em they ROCK! Delicious! You gotta fix 'em right - don't over boil! Add a good crawfish boil mix with plenty of cayenne (I like Zatarain's) and some chunks of sliced up quartered lemon to the boil pot! I'd choose them over lobster every time! Rip the heads off them, suck the juice out of the head and then throw the head away! Then, if you pinch the tail of the decapitated crawdad just right, the whole of the meat pops right into your mouth and no peeling is necessary! They go great with a crisp, heavily hopped beer!

If you've never been there, you owe it to yourself to make a trip to Louisiana and sample some good cajun style crawdads!