Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Re: What are my peppers lacking?

Chris, I've never tried UF's trick with the vinerger. Sounds like it should work.

I like to spray my plants. It seems like, I can get a little more mileage out of my maxi crop.
    I like to mix a little molasses and maxi crop together, then spray the leaves.

Here's the breakdown of molasses...
    Brer Rabbit Blackstrap Molasses
    Nutritional Information and Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 1Tbsp. (21g). Servings per Container: About 24. Amount Per Serving: Calories - 60;
    Percentage Daily Values; Fat - 0g, 0%; Sodium - 65mg. 3%; Potassium - 800 mg. 23%; Total Carbohydrates - 13g, 4%; Sugars - 12g, Protein - 1g, Calcium - 2%; Iron 10%; Magnesium 15%; Not a significant source of calories from fat, sat. fat, cholesterol, fiber, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C

The above info, came from a great article on molasses...
    http://buymarijuanaseeds.com/community/ ... ess.95401/
    It's a long article....lots of good info, well worth reading...
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Members

That is a long ass article!! I skimmed it, but will definitely read it all one night this week. Ill pick up some backstrap molasses this week at publix. Do you do this as an every day maintenance on plants or only when they're starting to show malnourishment?

Nice reference website.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaChris
    Do you do this as an every day maintenance on plants or only when they're starting to show malnourishment?
    I try to spray a few times a week. Whenever I get a chance or 'remember'...

Nice reference website.
    If I did what those guys are doing, I'd never 'remember' to spray... ...
    They are pretty serious about their plants. Seems like they have some great info. I also have a great pdf about bat guanos, I saved from their site.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

I ended up taking the eggplant and the bell pepper and putting them outside in the pond setup as neither would set fruit inside, guess maybe need to work on the pollinating skills. The bell already has at least a dozen peppers on it about an inch or so big. The eggplant puts out dozens of flowers but nothing sets and now is going downhill. Have added eggshell and epsom salts to no avail, just not destined to have eggplant. The ghost pepper is still inside and flowering like crazy but no peppers. How much distance is needed between species to help prevent cross pollination?
    People cry because they are sad. For example, I cry because other people are stupid, and that makes me sad.

Members

What type of eggplant Basil? I just bought 4 eggplant seedlings wiht hopes of growing some this summer. My bell pepper is growing very slowly and my jalapeno is just sitting there, the same size the day I got it... Not sure what to do. Trying to get ahold of Dave to see how much of the mixture he mixes together. My banana pepper plant is goin nuts! It has about 7-8 flowers on it right now that look like theyre all forming into peppers. I think the banana pepper is doing so good because it isn't in direct sunlight all day. It is shaded for most of the day by the largeish (for a seedling) tomato plant on it's east side and then trees in the neighbors yard provide afternoon shade.

Black beauty. Blooms like crazy but nothing from it.
    People cry because they are sad. For example, I cry because other people are stupid, and that makes me sad.

Members

Hmmm. I'm trying to grow Lady Finger eggplants. I'll let you know how they're doing in a few weeks. Hope your grow turns around. I'm right across the Bay from ya, so we should be able to trouble shoot effectively for our growing climates. You F&D or CF in your GB'S?

Quote Originally Posted by davidstcldfl

The above info, came from a great article on molasses...
    http://buymarijuanaseeds.com/community/ ... ess.95401/
    It's a long article....lots of good info, well worth reading...
    That took up 13 pages on my Libre Office Writer - I'll read it offline Good article, from what I've read so far .... Molasses is much cheaper than all those additives, and can be organic as well
    I use the Linux Operating System ...... Free as in beer!
    You're never too old to learn something
    Aquaponics - food'n'fish at your doorstep

Helena, Montana - Home of the Northernmost Monument to the Confederacy

Hmmm. I'm trying to grow Lady Finger eggplants. I'll let you know how they're doing in a few weeks. Hope your grow turns around. I'm right across the Bay from ya, so we should be able to trouble shoot effectively for our growing climates. You F&D or CF in your GB'S?
    Started out as F&D ended up as a constant flood. Long, boring lazy story.

So the bell pepper started producing, have at least a dozen bells growing. Now something is eating holes in them. Just can't win.