Members

Hello All From Los Angeles...!

Thanks Oliver, for pointing me to you guys' forum. I'm looking forward to reading up on all the info that you guys have spent thousands of hours putting together. My mission is to create a Bioponics system (aquaponics+vermiponics) that will produce lettuce and spring mix for a deli that i have in downtown LA. I have had freshwater aquariums for about 5 years now, and been vermicomposting for about a year. I hope that you guys can help me to finalize the design of a system that will enable me to incorparete the two to provide an OrganiCali Home Grown product to my customers. I will find a place to discuss my conceptual design ideas in detail and will look forward to your feedback and suggestions..!!

Thanks again for creating a place like this and inviting me to participate. I look forward to sharing my progress and results.

Your new friends,
    Anthony - 44
    Alipreya - 29 and holding
    Ayden - 5
    Alicyn - Arriving 03.22.13..

Re: Hello All From Los Angeles...!

Welcome to the forum! It's cool that you have a built-in commercial outlet for your produce! Looking forward to hearing about what sort of system you envision!

Though a Floridian now, I was born and raised in the LA area (Alhambra). Last time I was back there was 2010. Things have sure changed since my youth!

Greetings Earthling, and welcome to the addiction!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper'sConcessions
    Thanks Oliver, for pointing me to you guys' forum. I'm looking forward to reading up on all the info that you guys have spent thousands of hours putting together. My mission is to create a Bioponics system (aquaponics+vermiponics) that will produce lettuce and spring mix for a deli that i have in downtown LA. I have had freshwater aquariums for about 5 years now, and been vermicomposting for about a year. I hope that you guys can help me to finalize the design of a system that will enable me to incorparete the two to provide an OrganiCali Home Grown product to my customers. I will find a place to discuss my conceptual design ideas in detail and will look forward to your feedback and suggestions..!!

Thanks again for creating a place like this and inviting me to participate. I look forward to sharing my progress and results.

Your new friends,
    Anthony - 44
    Alipreya - 29 and holding
    Ayden - 5
    Alicyn - Arriving 03.22.13..
    You could just build a "standard" AP system with a gravel grow bed. From there you can just throw some vermicompost into the gravel, spread it around and such, and go about your business as normal. YOU will have to find the right balance as no one probably has any idea on a way to calculate input/output parameters. However, it will likely pass the "smell test"; meaning, if you put too much it will start to smell in the grow bed. For all we know there's no way to get THAT much in there, but considerations will need to be made if solids reach the siphon. In all likelihood, you will mostly need to input the compost at the furthest point from the siphon. A long thin grow bed would work better for this. ANYWAY, yea go post in the other section. You got me interested now!

Welcome, glad you found your way here.

Oliver
    To measure is to know

Welcome to the forum Anthony...
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan