Thread: New Here...

Members

New Here...

Hello from NM. I am still in the learning stages and have been studying everything I can find regarding aquaponics. I have been studying the fish most suited to the environment and my circumstances and mulling the whole idea over for months

Our system will be indoors and I suspect lighting for the plants will be the biggest challenge. Thankfully we run on solar energy which will help keep the costs of operation down. This spring will begin the plants, mostly lettuce and some duck weed. I will try adding simple goldfish until I learn more about how to raise healthy, happy fish. I have loved and raised plants all my life as well as having had aquariums with tropical fish most of my life. NM doesn't encourage "fish farming" but I am hoping that will change in the near future.

I look forward to learning a great deal here and will update you as things progress here if you are interested.

Thank you.
    Indigo

Re: New Here...

Welcome to the forum Indigo...

Yes, please keep us updated...and we love pictures.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Re: New Here...

Greetings Earthling, and welcome to the addiction!