Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: building bells

Members

building bells

JCO where on this forum may I find all the details for building bell siphons.

Re: building bells

There is a search function at the top right part of the page.

brian

Check out Affnan's Bell. I know it's somewhere else on the forum but I just redid it just for you, so return the favor and put up an Avatar for yourself and tell us where you live, there may be other members close by.... and on another note...A Place To Say Hello is just that and only that. Please, from this point on pick a topic that is appropriate for your post. As you may have notice I have moved it for you this tiime. Thanks

[youtube:3oonw597]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXaPn6SjvxU[/youtube:3oonw597]
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Members

Check out Affnan's Bell. I know it's somewhere else on the forum but I just redid it just for you, so return the favor and put up an Avatar for yourself and tell us where you live, there may be other members close by.... and on another note...A Place To Say Hello is just that and only that. Please, from this point on pick a topic that is appropriate for your post. As you may have notice I have moved it for you this tiime. Thanks

JCO, now wait a minute, If you remember I am the one that posted the complaint because I could not figure out how to post. And I posted it in a place that said you want to hear our complaints too, so when I complained I got ragged on for complaining. So someone posted to me that I could go to the hello section and post to my hearts content. So when I do you complain. And what does "pick a topic that is appropriate for your post" suppose to mean? If I post something then that is the topic. I do not understand you. You have to remember that as an insider you know how it all works, but you really need to think about the new people who know nothing. Now, I need you to describe to me click by click how I am suppose to post a new topic according to your rules, outline, or whatever it is, so I can get it correct. Where do I go? It's not clear my friend. By the way, I went to search, typed in bell syphon, and guess what, it was completely useless. Go ahead, try it for yourself. With that said, I would say your forum is really the best out there as it has many advantages, but for God's sake man, make it clear. Now don't forget, after I log in, you are going to explain to me, click by click where to go to post a new post, of a new subject, according to the way you want it done. If you go back to my posts, you will notice that I write in a way that even a new to the forum person can easily understand what I am saying, and you need to do that too. You said you know Affnans post is somewhere else on the forum, so you re-did it for me. Well it sounds like even you don't know where it is so how am I suppose to find it? Believe me, I'm not arguing or fighting with you here, I'm just trying to find out how it all works. Maybe no one else has complained, but maybe they walked away without the advantage of the information on this website too. Have you ever considered that? I'm totally on board with aquaponics, and have received a lot of very valuable information from those that have posted to me, and I will be using that information in the future, but I need more, and so do all the many new people to come. So I need to post more questions, so how do I do that, and where do I do that? Remember, click by click, nice and clear, and thank you for all the hard work, effort, and caring you have contributed to this site. Oh, and avatar, I have no idea what that is. I am from Ronkonkoma NY USA and my name is Bill. So, can we get on with it please? Thank you in advance because I know you will be advising me as to how to do things the correct way. Thanks again, Bill.

Members

welcome bill.. don't mind JCO,, he can seem a bit cantankerous, but he's a good guy,, just likes to do things the way he likes to do them.. (even if we don't agree on a "few" none ap topics)

i'm in northeast ohio, and have a system in my basement with about 200 fish, mostly yellow perch, but about 60 tilapia as well... bunch of minnows and crayfish growing in other tanks to supplement feed,
    so far my first marmokreb crayfish is pushing 4" without the claws.. growth slows down as it gets colder
    good luck, lots of foks will answer questions

Do your actually not know how to look at a forum and see the different forum topics that are listed all the way down the page.. or have you looked? They are pretty well self-explanatory as to what they pertain to. Take for example the one this post is under "Want To Know HOW TO"...what does that suggest to you?

Maybe a place to either find out how to do something or maybe to post a question as to how to do something? As for the search option not working as well as either you or I would like, I did not write the software program that the forum runs on so I have no control over that.

I also apologize for the fact that there is no forum 101 instructional page to walk you through every facet of how a forum works and that I don't have the time to write one so you will just have to learn the same way I and probably 99.9% of the members of this and most other forums did...muddle through it the best you can but at least try to use some common sense when doing it and don't expect others to do your work for you.

Everything you could ever want to know about Aquaponics is contained in this sites main pages and forum but it's up to you to go through it page by page and learn what you want to know.

Also, when making a post, your posts will be much more readable if you break it up into paragraphs as I have here.

Now that you have taken the stone from my hand Grasshopper...Study, Study, Study and Learn, Learn, Learn little by little but at least try to find the answer before asking the question. Most every question that you could ask has probably already been asked by some other person and answered somewhere on this forum. Now stop your bitchin' and go read everything topic to topic...post to post and you will learn all you need to know about Aquaponics....
    JCO
    so never forget

Members

JCO, you still didn't answer my question. I can't believe it. Let me try again. I log in, which brings me to the portal page. Then I want to ask a question, so where in God's name do I go????if not to the hello page? I asked someone before and told him I don't want to say hello, I want to ask questions. But he told me I could ask questions to my hearts content on the hello page, and you are scolding me for it. Is there anyone out there to help me because JCO seems content to add sharks to his goldfish tank. Am I in a different dimension or something or does JCO need to up his medication? Give me a break, it's a simple question. I am not familiar with blogs or forums or JCO, so please!, Give Me A Break and stop telling me about this self explanatory stuff, just give it to me straight. I am not screwing with you man, I really don't know how this stuff works and you are starting to annoy me, and you know what, it doesn't look good for this forum. I can't ask the question ANY CLEARER!!!. On the portal page there should be a tag for new thread, or new post, but there isn't, so HOW do I ask questions without getting under you skin?, with you complaining that Hello is only for saying hello. Maybe I'm the only one that doesn't get it, but you know what, I don't get it, so why don't you just give it to me, please? For instance, lets say I want to ask Oliver a question. How would you do that? I've been all through the info stuff and man, something is missing here.Unless you want me to fire away on the hello page please give me some answers. Somebody, please Help!

You say I am beginning to annoy you...?

You need to back off a bit because you are poking the Tiger and the cage door is open. That's very inadvisable.

I spelled out in simple language as plain as it's going to get in my last post to you as to what you need to do. I find it strange that you are quite capable of figuring out how to post in the HELLO topic section but you can't figure out that all the other topics work the same way.

I appreciate the fact that you have joined the forum and you make sounds like you actually want to learn about Aquaponics, however if you are that unhappy here then perhaps you need to try another forum to see it they have the time to hold your hand.

I don't have the time to do it...I will be 70 years old my next birthday and in addition to trying to keep up with what's going on with the forum, I am still working a full time job that sometimes consumes as much as 70 hours a week of my time..!

I think it's time to grow up and stop expecting others to do your work for you. If you have questions about Aquaponics, pick a topic from the forum page that corresponds to your question and post your question there.

IT'S THAT SIMPLE..!

I think the discussion about the short comings of how the forum works or doesn't work has been covered sufficiently.

"DON'T POKE THE TIGER AGAIN.."
    JCO
    so never forget

Members

aqua put the bottle down, .... now focus ,, focus..come on u can do it....look at it ,,, loook. there it is...wow..

Members

Oh, that's funny, that's how I bagged my last tiger, someone left the darn door open.

Hey Deadeye, you coming over for that drink?

Keith, I hear ya, I guess the tiger just needs a little pat on the back. Interesting idea raising fish to feed other fish. Are they raised in separate tanks or downline in the same system?