Gardening here in southern california is definately different...
Our temps can be over 100 one day and in the mid 80's the next.
My aquaponics system has pretty much gone quiet other than tomatoes for right now due to the heat but there has to be something other than tomatoes I can have growing in the primary beds.
Does anyone have any good suggestions for what I can grow in the covered greenhouse till the temps cool down and I can go back to my lettuce and cukes???
The celery became a nightmare after I had to cover the greenhouse for the heat as they got all spindly, tall thin stalks, they tasted good but never got nice and thick so I finally took them all down.
The onions were a fun experiment too and did well but since they take so long to get nice and big I also took them out. My strawberries are doing pretty well in the 100 hole riverbed unit after I added some iron filings to each level but the fruit is still small but man o man are they sending out tons of runners so I will have enough plants to fill the unit by the end of the summer. I don't know what kind they are as I was given a bunch of bare root ones last year and had some of an unknown variety in one of my planters that did not bear any fruit the year before.

So if anyone has any ideas of what would do well in a partially shaded greenhouse in this heat please let me know. I had to shade it to keep the fish from cooking in their water with these temps, not to mention fruit from cooking on the vine.
take care
sheryl