AQUAPONIC4YOU FRAUDSTER

I thought this article was worth reprinting so I have brought it to you from http://tucsonap.org

Buyer Beware
    Submitted by Casey Townsend on Thu, 04/05/2012 - 11:25pm
    Backyard Aquaponics has a great article about how "aquaponics has started to become a target of people seeking easy money from affiliate marketing." From their article: "The statements in most of these affiliate sites are usually highly exagerated, and often downright lies and untruths, as I have described above. For example, one fruadulent website states that "the aquaponic system pictured there is a sample system which was "built using the aquaponic plans" they are selling. Well that belongs to John Burgess in NSW here in Australia, long time member of the BYAP forum, someone who has never even seen their manual, and John is certainly not happy about his pictures being used without his permission. After some further communications with John Fay, the author of the aquaponics 4 you manual I discovered that John Fay doesn't even exist, it's a pen name. Strange, statements on their web sites insist that John Fay is a "Certified Organic Farmer" and "Aquaponics Expert", but John Fay doesn't exist so how can he have any organic certification. So just be cautious with your money, don't believe everything you read, and if you want information about aquaponics, there is an enormous amount of information that can be downloaded for free. Join an online forum and ask "real" people for real recommendations, don't help support these people." Thanks to Backyard Aquaponics for this warning.
    Whoever is behind this fraud, they must be doing pretty good at fleecing the unsuspecting public as you can not search for Aquaponics on the web with his Ads being the first thing you see.

Not sure but I believe they also operate the website http://aquaponicsbackyards.com/ since it is a blog and everything on it is directed at the Aquaponics4you website.
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Re: AQUAPONIC4YOU FRAUDSTER

JCO,

Not to derail your point with a sideways argument but i dont think people realize that google tracks the web site you visit and then displays ads on things it thinks you would be interested in. You were getting those ads most likely because you had just visited the site.

Even if you didnt use google to find the site, it probably still knows you visited it because most sites use google analytics to keep track of their traffic statistics. Google gives away these tools for free.

brian

I know about the things that Google does and I use a lot of them myself, however I don't think in this entire year that I have visited Aquaponics4you but maybe once just to see what it was about, but each time I do a search on Aquaponics...there it is at the top of the page mainly because it is a Google paid ad. That doesn't change the fact that the website is a scam.
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Members

yup, that site is a scam.. if you try going to their page, and clicking away from it, it throws all kinds of stuff at your pc