Members

Central Florida members have any tilapia for sale?

I know this might sound like a weird request, honestly didn't know what section to put it in. We're having a nice dinner with a lot of seafood on Christmas eve and I was wondering if anyone has any tilapia that's harvest-able for sale? Tonight I went to Publix and they have tilapia from Costa Rica. I wanted to try a fresh home grown tilapia finally. If you have 2-3 big fish to sell, I'll gladly meet you within reasonable distance from Orlando. I know a lot of members here are from my area. I'll provide the cooler and ice. My stock is currently only 4-5" so it's not ready yet for me. PM me if you have any and a price.

Thank you!

Wojtek

Re: Central Florida members have any tilapia for sale?

I don't have any fish for you. Just an idea for the meal. Have you thought of having tilapia poppers? You stuff them with cheese, batter them, and fry them up to make a crispy treat. The 4-5" tilapia would be perfect. LOL!
    Less irritating avatar since 02/27/14.

Members

Re: Central Florida members have any tilapia for sale?

I've gotten a response so I think fillets will be in order. I was born in Poland and my family celebrates traditional Christmas Eve dinner which is land animal free. We eat a lot of seafood each year and veggy dishes. My wife is American so we made it a blend of Polish/American cuisine on Christmas Eve and then again we meet again on Christmas Day with a ham or turkey. This year we have a Vermont Maple ham that her aunt sent her so I'm going to have to try some Christmas Eve and break the no-land animal tradition haha. I just wanted to get fresh fish to celebrate this year which is why I asked. We already have some shrimp in the freezer along with some crab claws. My cooking will be cut out for me on Monday. I told her I was going to handle the Polish dishes.

Wojtek