Hey bsfman, thx for that, all part of planning for my first aquaponic attempt. I'm planning on a round fish tank. When water enters the fish tank from the grow beds, the pipes will be set to create a whirlpool, which as you know has a great effect on bringing waste to the bottom center. The standpipe will be located in the center of the fishtank, and about a quarter inch from the bottom, with little holes in the endcap. The pipe goes up top to a tee, which branches off to the swirl filter. Besides water being pumped to the growbeds, a line will enter the standpipe about a few inches from the bottom, and water will be directed upwards, hopefully creating a stronger upward pull in the standpipe. The idea is to pull the poop as quickly out of the fish tank as possible. So instead of water simply rising up, from water entering the fishtank, there will be a bit of a vacuum. This is an idea I've been thinking about, and wanted to share with everyone for some time and hopefully get more insight, on if it is a good idea, or how to make it even better. I believe it is very important to remove the poop as fast as possible, from everything I have read, and you even mentioned some muddy water in your tank. What do you think? Thx.