Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Members

Re: Hello from Kearney MO

Got some cabbage, broccoli, tomatoes, and peppers to transplant. Will be sprouting seeds this weekend. Going to sprout a bunch of different things that should do well thru the fall, lettuces, herbs, tomatoes, peas, beans.....a little bit of everything.

Members

What zone are you in? In in 7a and just started sowing much of my soil fall plantings.

Great looking setup!!
    If you dont mind...why did you decide to run input to your GBs up and into the middle-ish like that?
    Does that take away from your GB space?
    Thanks for the updates...
    Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable - Zig Ziglar

Members

Don I was worried that if I went from one end to the other with the flow of water, the drop in pressure as I adjusted each of the grow beds would cause a ripple effect. I was just trying to engineer out any problems before building. I figured if I came into the middle, then the flow rate would be more balanced. Maybe it is me just worrying too much, or my perfectionism. Perfectionism I have learned is an evil mistress, but it runs deep in me for good and bad.

Members

Eddie according to the USDA we are 5b. Our spring crop of cold weather veggies in the garden was poor at best this year. Too much rain in the spring and then it heated up too fast. Very small cabbages if the heads formed, and the broccoli flowers started to yellow at a very small size.

Members

This was a tough year, with the cold spring and then a heat wave. I put in much more effort this year, am much more knowledgeable than last, and the crop has been much less.

Members
    Just joined form so a little late in response... all I can say is you've build my Dream Greenhouse! and Veggie garden in general
    Keep on
    WG