Hybrid View

Members

Hello from Kearney MO

My name is Tom and my family and I live in Kearney (sounds like "car knee") Missouri. We live in town, in a subdivision, on a large lot (.48 acre) and are trying to practice a form of urban agriculture. My wife and I are both educators and we have been growing fruits and vegetables for many years. I would not call myself a "prepper" as we have been gardening and canning our whole lives. A more appropriate term would be perpetual food storage. We have been studying aquaponics for a few years and have taken great leaps into it this year. In march we bought our first fry of blue tilapia with the intent of them becoming our brood stock. Over the summer my sons and I built a 16x32 greenhouse, grow beds for our ap system in the greenhouse, and a stand alone system which is now operating in the garage. Here are a few pics of the greenhouse:

Here is a pic of our grow beds:

We used barrels because we were able to get them free. We built three tables like this to go along the south side and then will hook into a raft system along the west side and north side.

I don't have pics of our stand alone system yet, but will get some on later. I am sure we will have a ton of questions as we go along. We are looking forward to meeting you all.

Members
    Just joined form so a little late in response... all I can say is you've build my Dream Greenhouse! and Veggie garden in general
    Keep on
    WG