Members

I was eliminated

Its been a while since I have been on. upon return I found I have been dropped, eliminated. Every post I had commented on etc. I have been scrubbed. Very disappointed. Had a fairly lengthy post going and a lot of good info developed by my questions being answered. Will this happen again, and is there any way to retrieve my post?

Members

Re: I was eliminated

Started my System

Members

Look on the front page of the portal for details. The site got hacked and a lot of us lost a lot.
    Scott
    Jesup (S.E.), Georgia, USA

Members

Ok, Thought maybe it was due to not being active for a month or so. Why does someone go to the trouble to hack a site about aquaponics? Sheeesh. Thanks for your response.

Members

Yes, I see that a lot was lost. Sorry to see that. I apologize for not reading front page first so i wouldn't whine about my loss. lol

Greetings Earthling, and welcome to the addiction!

Quote Originally Posted by urbanfarmer
    Greetings Earthling, and welcome to the addiction!
    It's OK Spaz...'some of us know' you've been here for a little while...
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

So, nobody wants to talk about how the site got hacked and what "we" can do about it?

Is it a matter of the phpbb needing to be updated (there appears to be an automatic backup program that could save the database daily offline).

Do we need to donate some $ to buy an external drive or even a cheap computer that can be left on to accept the backups every day... or find a host that will backup the site automatically?

The other boards that I have been admin/owner got backed up every day... which is why I was kind of shocked to see that 100 posts I made here were gone. It's not that I said anything "brilliant" in those posts... it's that people are going to go someplace else if it happens even once a year.
    It's all about the fish, dude.

Members

Quote Originally Posted by David - WI
    ...snip snip... it's that people are going to go someplace else if it happens even once a year.
    Gone for 7 days (14 different states, 3000+ miles) and only 8 new posts according to the portal! I'm concerned. What can I do to help?
    Scott
    Jesup (S.E.), Georgia, USA