Quote Originally Posted by utahgal
OK tank inside greenhouse, leveled the best we could on a dirt floor, and media being added. After media added it was hosed again and allowed to fill GB for a final rince. You can see the water is dirty and makes me wonder why I wasted time trying to wash it by the bucket full. I put garden hose on bottom drain and emptied the FT to some trees outside the greenhouse.

The pump is just a little yard pond pump. I have 2 of them and the one ran 24/7 for about a yr. before I unplugged to get this system set up. There is a stand pipe in GB that provides 2 inches of top dry media. I am running this as a constant flood for right now. Not only is it the line of least resistance (easiest) I don't have the confidence yet to get into bell, or aftan syphons. Right now I just want to get a system up and functional and productive, then I will start to experiment with another setup when I have the greenhouse pretty much to myself.

All you need for that siphon now is get a pipe thats bigger, drill holes on the bottom and put an end cap on it and your siphon will be complete. if you want productiveness that will definitely be the thing you want to take care of first. its easier than you think. i didnt have to do much to make mine run on a 10 minute fill and 5 minute drain cycle. The system looks great!