Mydas Fly (Mydas clavata)

I just caught one. Not much is known about them, but could it be possible we could use them instead of BSF? Like BSF they mimic a wasp. They may not have mouth parts as adults. I saw this guy because he was MASSIVE, flying around, I followed it and caught it. Don't ask. I have it sitting in my room for further examination. This guy is so big, he sat down to take a poop inside the container. I mean it folded its abdomen forward and SAT DOWN and just let some go (UNLESS THESE ARE EGGS, I CANT FREAKIN TELL).

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/galv ... ata%29.htm

Re: Mydas Fly (Mydas clavata)

Now that imagery is hilarious. Where chopsticks involved?

No seriously, I would like to find an replacement for the BSF due to my newly increase altitude, close to 6000. Right now we got red wigglers and meal worms. I need more fish food!!!!

I also have a hookup from a local brewery for their spent grains. In your opinion what else would complete this diet?

We are thinking of getting a pellet machine to make shit loads.

Members

i'm starting to think mice might be even a fish option.. them babies are little

I have used pinkies, not so much luck with fuzzies.
    At first I left this blank...but now I believe: "It's better to keep your mouth closed, and have the world think your a fool, than open it and confirm it."

Members

Sure looks like it has a mouth to me, and if it took a 'poop' then its definitely been eating. This means it will vomit on things and slurp or the residue. I am pretty sure this would be a poor substitute, as awesome as it may be.