Thread: Dehydrator

Dehydrator

Is this one good? I would like to make jerky as well Rabbit jerky... mmmmm...

http://www.amazon.com/Nesco-American-FD ... 00179DCCQ/

Thoughts? I want to pull the trigger on this, but I will wait to hear from the dehydrator experts!

mmm tomatoes...

Re: Dehydrator

We have the same brand, but round... it works good. The square one would be easier, I think. It's hard to make jerky strips that are the same size on the round one. I bought their jerky-gun too, which is kind of like a caulking gun with interchangeable tips. http://www.nesco.com/products/Jerky-...ky-Works-Kits/
    It's all about the fish, dude.

Funny you mention rabbit jerky.....I have been looking since last month for a recipe. I am a jerky fanatic and have made it from a lot of different things, including tilapia.....but never a rabbit.
    Well my bunnies did what bunnies do....and now have too many.....so.
    Where do we start?
    At first I left this blank...but now I believe: "It's better to keep your mouth closed, and have the world think your a fool, than open it and confirm it."

Yea, mine just had 9, 1 died at birth and we lost another. The remaining 7 appear healthy and will be food in about 7 more weeks.

Rabbit meat needs to be cooked well from what I read because it can carry parasites and diseases similar to pork. Anyway, a dehydrator at 165 should do the trick; so, no worries.

Thanks guys, I will check out the meat gun. Man, the greatest invention... ever!

My largest litter has been 11, and the smallest was 4.
    At first I left this blank...but now I believe: "It's better to keep your mouth closed, and have the world think your a fool, than open it and confirm it."