OOOO, very nice ideas, I WILL have to try that, I love tomatoes! These are indeterminate, but a few determinate varieties were just suggest to me by a lady in the store and I will have to check it out. I have never bought my plants before, but I JUST GOT SOME! Oh man I feel like a cheater, but they had some really cool varieties of peppers; so, I had to pick them up!

Sadly, this is all I have for gardening so far. I just moved, and I only had the time/money to build 6 of these ($50 each including everything). The AP system I have planned will take up the whole backyard... still saving up for it, but I think I need 32 tons of gravel or something... already got a decent quote, just waiting for the $$$ to do it! 10,000 gallon system...

I feel as though I get much better growth in AP than soil. This is VERY CHEAP top soil, VERY CHEAP (80 cents a bag 40#). I'm using my knowledge of soil to try to make the soil excellent (out of the bag it's crap). My next crop will do better than the first because I should have the soil biology, chemistry, etc. up to par by then. I have been working so much I haven't had much time in the garden. I spent 4 hours out there today. Oh that was fun!