Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: How much PEE is too much?

LOL Thanks Brioritize! My system is much smaller at only 110 gallons, so I don't anticipate it taking as long as yours did. Now I just need to think about getting the PH levels down, since it looks like their around 8.2 or so. I read elsewhere that lemon juice would work, so perhaps I will try that.
    ------------
    My System: Jeff's Backyard System Here We Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    LOL Thanks Brioritize! My system is much smaller at only 110 gallons, so I don't anticipate it taking as long as yours did. Now I just need to think about getting the PH levels down, since it looks like their around 8.2 or so. I read elsewhere that lemon juice would work, so perhaps I will try that.
    Actually, the pH is idea for populating nitrifying bacteria in your system. I would leave it alone. It will come down slowly once you get fish in the system. No need to mess with it now.

Members

+1 bsfman...
    after the ammonia starts to come down and the nitrites start to go up, you're system will be ramping up the production of the first phase of beneficial bacteria...the second round of bacteria (that convert nitrites to nitrates) takes a little longer, you don't need to dose with am for a little bit, i'd suggest starting to age some wee while you're waiting
    patience is all that is needed now..