Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: My first attempt

I simply put a stand pipe loop in the system before it enters the filter. You can see it in this pic I think. \

This is the filter before I added the looped standpipe.

This is the filter with the looped standpipe in place. The top open pipe is a siphon break. I have found that I can also use it to add things such as blood meal into the system which puts it at the bottom of the filter. It ride the swirl action in the bottom of the filter up through the filter media and then down the stand pipe.

I looked at the back flow prevention valves at Home Depot. They were about three times the cost of what I have done and, because they have a spring that has to be overcome by water pressure, they add a lot of head pressure. I am not sure it is more than I have added with the looped standpipe, but cost always wins over ease of use.

So far it is working really well.
    My old man says when it's time to be counted, the important thing is to be man enough to stand up.”
    ? Robert A. Heinlein, Between Planets

Members

looks prety cool. I would like ppl to take a look at my little system and let me know what they think I have a short video on youtube. happy to reseave some feedback...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDmRETRQQc0

Daniel

Hi weldmaster, welcome to the forum...

Daniel, please start your own thread under the topic..."Backyard Systems". You'll get over looked here.
    When you have your own thread, we will have more room for everyone to make comments...
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan