Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Members

First Reddish

This is my first harvest
    [attachment=2:361ouwp8]100_1427.JPG[/attachment:361ouwp8]

This is what I have:
    [attachment=0:361ouwp8]100_1429.JPG[/attachment:361ouwp8]
    [attachment=1:361ouwp8]100_1430.JPG[/attachment:361ouwp8]

Looks like system stabilise and fish does not die any more. So far some fish grows nicely and are kinda big when some fishes looks like they did not grow but, at least, no deaths.

Next in my plan is adding red worms.

Also, seeded lettuce in free spaces Let see how it will grow.

There are dill and onion on pictures too, but their grows is slow that they are invisible.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members

Is it a mineral deficiency?

My central tomato is putting flowers. Now I need to learn how to pollinate them
    [attachment=2:10oohjon]100_1431.JPG[/attachment:10oohjon]

Looks like pepper did not grow at all:

Is is deficiency or temperature?
    [attachment=1:10oohjon]100_1433.JPG[/attachment:10oohjon]

Tomato's leaves are getting dots:
    [attachment=0:10oohjon]100_1432.JPG[/attachment:10oohjon]

Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Hello from Fair Lawn, NJ

The way your leaves on your pepper plant have curled....it might be tabacco virus. (hope I'm wrong) Urbanfarmer is pretty sharp at this kind of thing.... Lets see what he says (?)

sdanchenko, do you smoke/chew tabacco ? If you do, wash your hands really well before touching your plants.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Members

Quote Originally Posted by davidstcldfl
    The way your leaves on your pepper plant have curled....it might be tabacco virus. (hope I'm wrong) Urbanfarmer is pretty sharp at this kind of thing.... Lets see what he says (?)

sdanchenko, do you smoke/chew tabacco ? If you do, wash your hands really well before touching your plants.
    Well, I do not smoke nor chew any tobacco. Nobody in my home does. Pepper grows was totally stunted when I moved them to aquaponic. I add only MaxiCrop plus Iron one in while and it could be potassium deficiency of something else, as tomatoes, onion and dill are affected as well. Radish, however, seems to be doing well.

I added lettuce (and it already sprouted) to see how it will grow. I am really getting attached to my aquaponic setup. Cannot wait for sunny and warm days to expand to backyard. Maybe completely move to backyard.

As far as fishy smell - it looks like overfeeding is the cause. It is so tempting to feed more, so fish will grow faster

Members

Hey sdanchenko , you are doing a good work but yes i agree with foodchain that if you want to grow trout fine you should go with a larger tank. Good luck and keep on sharing the updated pics.