Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Blue Nile Tilapia pricing

Sounds like an amazing setup.
    Nothin to it but to do it yourself

Just a lot of work. Headache according to my wife.
    She wants the prestine paradise....and I am too utilitarian.
    At first I left this blank...but now I believe: "It's better to keep your mouth closed, and have the world think your a fool, than open it and confirm it."

Quote Originally Posted by foodchain
    Commander, I PM'd you. The box joint jig for a standard 10" 2 horse table saw is kicking my butt.
    I have a router which is supposed to be able to do them too, but I have no idea how to use it. Not proud of it, but at this point it is what it is. Lumber is too expensive to make too many Oops's with.
    Don't feel bad... I have two routers; a small handheld one and a huge table router.

The little one is for wrecking things that are too clumsy to wreck with the big one.
    It's all about the fish, dude.

HA!!! perfect. The little one I believe is a plunge router. Meant for starting in the middle of a board so that you can cut out a recessed area. Where the big one, destructo maximus, is meant for edging and such. While I understand it, application is a whole nother issue.
    At first I left this blank...but now I believe: "It's better to keep your mouth closed, and have the world think your a fool, than open it and confirm it."

Quote Originally Posted by foodchain
    HA!!! perfect. The little one I believe is a plunge router. Meant for starting in the middle of a board so that you can cut out a recessed area. Where the big one, destructo maximus, is meant for edging and such. While I understand it, application is a whole nother issue.
    Exactly. The table router is (I think) 2hp and will definitely shoot a 7' long, 2" thick oak board more than 20' through the air at a speed faster than you can follow with your eyes. It hit the wall at almost the same height that it left the table. LOL

It was almost too scary to look down and see if my fingers were gone or not; all I could feel was the burning from the board being ripped out of them.

(Note to self - once you start routing the board; don't stop!!!!!!!)

Soooo, where do we go to um...edumacated on this stuff? Don't tell me wood shop. Been there, done that. And didn't learn what I need now.

I don't know... I never really liked woodworking and we don't make those parts in-house any more.

I didn't mean to hi-jack this thread - sorry.

You really need to go to work for a hard drinking, sailor cussing, grizzly old guy who knows more about wood than trees. Do this when you are about 16 years old. Not only will you learn about wood, woodworking tools, joinery, cabinet making and house framing, you will also learn how to drink whiskey, cuss, spit, and generally become a hard drinking, sailor cussing, grizzly old guy when you grow up!
    My old man says when it's time to be counted, the important thing is to be man enough to stand up.”
    ? Robert A. Heinlein, Between Planets

Well, quality dado blade is $200-300 bucks. So now how to do these joints without a dado....hmmm.

Router
    My old man says when it's time to be counted, the important thing is to be man enough to stand up.”
    ? Robert A. Heinlein, Between Planets