Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Members

Dominican Republic & Cuba

Hi everyone,

I hail from Vancouver British Columbia and am a Permaculturists.

Looking to here from anyone who has time and interest to aid in setting up projects in Dominican Republic and Cuba.

My Phone in Dominican Republic 1 -829-313-0110

cheers Paul

Re: Dominican Republic & Cuba

OK, Im new to all of this. What is a "permaculturist?"
    My old man says when it's time to be counted, the important thing is to be man enough to stand up.”
    ? Robert A. Heinlein, Between Planets

Quote Originally Posted by MrNatural

Hi everyone,

Looking to here from anyone who has time and interest to aid in setting up projects in Dominican Republic and Cuba.

cheers Paul
    Could you elaborate some more please.

The following is posted as a pre-emptive safeguard to protect the members of this community.

Paul refuses to answer my questions or tell me anything at all, period; so, I had to do some digging.

It looks like Paul is looking for an unwitting venture capitalist to fund some kind of venture in the Dominican Republic.

It also looks like Mr. Paul Modde is looking to offer his lectures around the Caribbean area. There is no indication of the quality of the training. It looks like he is for-profit. A brief background search reveals his affiliation with the following companies:

Director
    Global Aquaponics
    [no known website]

President
    Sexy Boy Talent Agency
    [no known website]

Executive Director
    Dominican Republic Permaculture Research Institute Demonstration & Educational Center
    http://drpermacultureinstitute.com/about-us/

Position Unknown
    Moringa Plantation
    [no known website]
    These all look like fly-by-night or to have never existed.

He has refused to answer my questions regarding what he is doing and is expecting me to give my personal contact information to "discuss" the topic. Please refrain from doing so until Mr. Modde is little more honest about what he is trying to achieve here in our community with such a post. I caution anyone before exchanging PERSONAL INFORMATION with individuals on the Internet, regardless of what title or company they offer as credentials (unless of course it's a well known organization, in which case verify they are indeed affiliated).

Unfortunately, Mr. Paul Modde could be trying to do some good in the world, but the way he has presented himself and given the information I have found on him, it seems unlikely.

Members

Paul refuses to answer my questions or tell me anything at all, period; so, I had to do some digging.

I am amused by the rant of a person probably less than half my age. And who has nothing better to do with his life than post on forums. First I never refused anything, And openly posted my contacts. I prefer 1st person rather than 3rd person communications.Nothing more nothing less.

It looks like Paul is looking for an unwitting venture capitalist to fund some kind of venture in the Dominican Republic.

Unless you have valid and verified information on a person than no one should be ranting their opinion, they are like butts, we all got one, Immoral and unethical. Wrong about venture capital, never asked anyone for any money nor will I. My only reason to post here was constructive ideas, comments, suggetsions for 3rd world development of aquaponics systems.

It also looks like Mr. Paul Modde is looking to offer his lectures around the Caribbean area. There is no indication of the quality of the training. It looks like he is for-profit. A brief background search reveals his affiliation with the following companies:

I am not looking to offer anything. Correct english is I do lectures and workshops when and if I have time. As of late have had very little time. All companies except for permaculture and Morina Plantation are past ventures I am 64 have had many.

Ten years ago I decided to start aiding 3rd world development in some way shape or form. Opinions expressed here are nothing more than disrespectful rants.

And I should recieve an opology from urban farmer whos profile picture obviuosly gives insight into his mentality, mad indeed.

And if anyone doesnt want to share their contacts knowledge or expertise amen, so be it. Thats their priveledge. As it is mine to post my contact information as I have done.

Until anyone including the mad scientist come and lives here in the Dominican Republic and see that problems we face than no one should be so pessimistic and skeptical.

That being said here is a little education for ayone truly interested in a 3rd world reality prespective.

Dominican Republic voted recently worst coutry in word to live. Crime greed corruption rampant.

Knick name Wild West. Why, many people carry guns and they deport 3000 US criminals originally from DR back here very year. Average income 300 dollars a month and know many people who make half that.

One hotel I stayed in here had a young US girl brutally murdered and at least 40 people that have stayed there have been robbed. No to mention some friends of mine who have also been brutally murdered.

And finally recently while travelling to a meeting on Moringa on my motorbike, I was hit in the rear by a car and left for dead on side of road at dusk, taken to hospital by a good will sumaritan. After 3 days in hospital I left with.

A severe concussion that continues to give me dizzy spells and head pain, head swollen , both eyes shut for 2 days, and black and blue from top of head to my chin, cant turn roll over at night or lay down orget up without dizzy spells, looked like a real monster for sure it was horrible, 6 weeks later nose and jaw fracture that has somewhat healed, and severly damaged leg that kept me unable to walk for 6 weeks, just started to walk 2 days ago a little, swollen and black and blue from knee to ankle, 3 severly damaged ribs so bad doctor said 3 months or more to heal.have to lay on back can tturn left or right at night

My concussion doctor said may never totally heal.

Urban wants information there you go gang. I leave this information to the court of public opinion.Not disrespectful rants.

best wishes to all who are trying to make world a better place.

I will answer any questions on my involvement in Permaculture, Global Aqauponics or Moringa Plantation.

Hi everyone,

cheers Paul
    Aside from the fact your first PM to me was literally a copy/paste of some kind of sales pitch regarding aquaponics and permactulure, you have yet to tell us what it is you are looking for. I will post it below:

“What permaculturists are doing is the most important activity that any group is doing on the planet” -Doctor David Suzuki,

Prince Charles quote from his speech about Permaculture "
    For instance, what made a lasting impact on me was a visit to the Permaculture Institute in the Amazon. In little more than a decade, this remarkable project has integrated agroforestry, aquaculture, and multiple animal systems within a restored landscape that had been utterly destroyed by deforestation. The whole now forms a Virtuous Circle within which all the necessary animal feed is grown and biofuels for the farm vehicles and machinery are produced. What is so deeply impressive is the practical way in which the Institute demonstrates how genuine sustainability can be achieved by applying the principles it has developed.

There is nothing "alternative" in these underlying principles. Indeed, I believe they are of the greatest importance if we are to chart a new and more stable course to live in harmony with Nature, rather than trying pointlessly to gain mastery over her. Only in this way can we hope to mitigate the terrible effects of climate change.

Permaculture is a holistic system of design for human needs. It is most often applied to basic human needs such as water, food and shelter, but it is also used to design more abstract systems such as community and economic structures. Permaculture is sometimes described as the use of ecology as the basis for designing integrated systems of food production, housing, appropriate technology and community development.
    Permaculture is a rapidly growing movement – a science of sustainable design systems for all human need. Don’t get left behind!
    Does anyone have the slightest clue what you are up to? Quit dodging the questions and just tell us! Why are you playing games unless you are up to no good.

Again, here is the FIRST response to your PM (even though I asked in this thread initially).

Quote Originally Posted by urbanfarmer
    What kind of projects are you trying to set up? Do you have a website for these projects? What is your organization and what are you doing??
    Next post, your answer, STILL waiting.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/forum/ ... -Village/1

I am looking for investors,in kind help, volunteers,donations of used construction materials and other used or new goods that could be used in such a project.

Doctors, nurses, engineers, architects, farmers, anyone interested in being involved in a eco sustainable community are welcome.

I am not interested in looky lou's only serious minded people.
    WOW, I figured you out before I had "evidence". I called you out on it, and you try to avoid the issue by asking for evidence... and now we have you. Could you be any more dishonest?

Yeah, I am gonna have to back urban up on this one. I work the finance industry during the day, so I have some experience with this and this smells like something I stepped in. IF I am wrong, seems to happen more and more...then why no clear answers? When you have a fight or arguement, and refuse to answer a direct question, it tends to make you look guilty or admition. And AGE doesn't mean honesty....just means experienced. Also...if your in BC, which is not far from where I grew up....why are you giving us your contact in the DR? Initial post: "I hail from Vancouver British Columbia and am a Permaculturists.

My Phone in Dominican Republic 1 -829-313-0110"

I am gonna guess that there's about 3000 miles between the two.....just saying.....So let me see here, just as I want to make sure that I, a younger, less experience person didn't miss anything:
    1) Solicitation up front
    2) Dodge questions about intent/direction/overall objective.
    3) Responded with attacking credibility of a senior member of this forum; at least ways senior to me, AND to my knowledge in the short amount of time I have been here, has been pretty much spot on with what he sais. I don't always agree with him, but the differences are discussed, not attacked...this allows for growth and education.....but nobody knows it all. So EVERYTHING is discussed so that everyone is on the same page.

IF I am wrong, why this approach to this group? Why the personal attacks? When the majority of the info it sounds like you are looking for, is already in the catalogs and volumes of previous posts?

I do agree that Urban could probably have churched that up a little. But he has a right to be skeptical, especially when you haven't elaborated on what you are doing, but instead on your medical history. I am sorry...this is starting to smell really bad.
    At first I left this blank...but now I believe: "It's better to keep your mouth closed, and have the world think your a fool, than open it and confirm it."

Thanks for the kind words and objective perspective foodchain.

Part of my lower tolerance is they fact we have had a recent increase in traffic on the forums from spammers and scammers. However, I just have no tolerance for this in general.

Upon further review of material presented here and on the listed website, including pages of attacks back and forth, I have to agree with UF and foodchain. If you are legitimate, then present your case in an open and concise method. Vague ideas and attacks on anyone who asks for clarification or disagree will not win you many converts.

If you are a legitimate organization looking to assist others then I am sure you will get the help you need and possibly an apology. If on the other hand you are a scam artist and ripping people off is your line of work, find another. Your attitude in dealing with resistance to your ideas suggest why you would still be trying to run scams at 64, if you had been good at it you would be retired somewhere. Again if you are legit, just be forthcoming in what you are doing. You might actually get the help you are seeking.
    People cry because they are sad. For example, I cry because other people are stupid, and that makes me sad.