Hi everyone, this is my introduction!

In a few weeks I will be starting an Aquaponics system! Very excited.

It will comprise of 4 grow beds and a 1,200 litre (~300 Gal) fishtank with a fingerling tank that sits on top. Here in Queensland Jade Perch is a native fish that goes very well in Aquaponics - so I will be trying it after the system has cycled.

I want to try and raise the majority of produce from seeds, so have purchased a heated Autopot capillary bed. It is winter here - so the heated tray makes propagation much quicker. Just put in my first seeds, so hopefully I will have the system setup before they need to be transplanted.

I will also be experimenting with AutoPots. I love the concept of how the autopots work and cant wait to get them setup. I am keen to also try dwarf fruit trees in them. All of the autopots will be connected to a SmartPump. The SmartPump utilizes a pressure pump that keeps a constant pressure in the line. Then, when a SmartValue opens (ie the pot has used all of its water), the water flows into the pot until it has 30mm (1 inch) of water in it. The SmartPump also has a reservoir of water. The plan is for the water to be automatically topped up from the fishtank. Therefore, providing a constant supply of nutrient rich water to the plants.

Pictures speak louder then words, so I will post some soon!

Cheers, Andrew.