Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Seasol and Urea in USa

I agree guys, it's great stuff. I have had a system running on only that! Also, I had lettuce and peppers and other things in it. I ATE EVERYTHING RAW FROM THAT SYSTEM. Not ONCE did I get sick. How's THAT for first hand experience? HMMMM?

Members

I was talking about her actual post on another forum, not a blog post;

PeePonics

I know i've been reprimanded for putting links to other places, but you asked for it..it's a good read

Quote Originally Posted by keith_r
    if you age your pee for a couple weeks in a sealed container, this will allow the pee to convert to am, if you go "directly" in your tank, you won't get ammonia readings for at least a few days, so don't add more until you see the first rise in am
    I don't think it takes nearly that long, Keith_r. I dosed my smallest system with a fresh pint or so of my personal best straight from the hose (so to speak) at about 8:00am this morning. The system has gone from zero ppm ammonia and zero ppm nitrite before the addition to 0.5 ppm ammonia and 1.0 ppm nitrite in a 140 gallon system in 5 hours time. The system has been cycled for a few weeks, so it was fully populated with bacteria which apparently immediately started converting the ammonia to nitrites. But for nitrites to be visible already means there had to be at least SOME ammonia present right away.

I'll check again in a few hours and see if ammonia is increasing or starting to decline.

i was talking about her actual post on another forum, not a blog post;

i know i've been reprimanded for putting links to other places, but you asked for it..it's a good read
    Thanks keith, I will read through it all soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bsfman
    Quote Originally Posted by davidstcldfl
    Wikipedia actually has a large discription of urine's use as a fertilizer...wow,its actually better then I thought....
    Evidently it's quite useful when combined with wood ash too.
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ertilizer.html
    What a remarkable excuse to use only natural lump wood charcoal when grilling outdoors and drink prodigious quantities of beer in the process of doing so!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

I'll check again in a few hours and see if ammonia is increasing or starting to decline.
    Checked this morning - 24 hrs after dosing. Ammonia and nitrite had dropped to zero. Nitrate level is up. Added triple the whiz amount from yesterday. Will check ammonia and nitrite levels this afternoon.

Checked this morning - 24 hrs after dosing. Ammonia and nitrite had dropped to zero. Nitrate level is up. Added triple the whiz amount from yesterday. Will check ammonia and nitrite levels this afternoon.
    At 3pm ammonia 4ppm, nitrite over 5ppm. Very evident the pee has available ammonia right away.

Members

how long has your system been cycling bsfman?

how long has your system been cycling bsfman?
    I believe it was Dec 2nd when I set up this system. But I seeded it with old media and it fully cycled in less than a week. After a massive ammonia and nitrite peak, it maintained zero ppm ammonia and nitrite with 18 large sunfish and a 2 pound catfish in it for several weeks - right up until I liberated them back to the canal the day before I started my peeponics experiment.

Sure that I read this somewhere on here. Wouldn't you need to be careful if you take medications?
    People cry because they are sad. For example, I cry because other people are stupid, and that makes me sad.