Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Something is wrong

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALUMINUM-1-2-HP ... 5647036361

I have read through this, over and over. Something is wrong here. How can a pump with that much head pressure and GPH, run on that low of electricity AND be $40 AND include free shipping?
    Just so happens I am searching for a new direction in pumps, and am trying to avoid the 220/240 volt systems I am seeing. But this just doesn't look right to me. Can I get some input here? Thank you.
    At first I left this blank...but now I believe: "It's better to keep your mouth closed, and have the world think your a fool, than open it and confirm it."

Re: Something is wrong

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1HP-CENTRIFUGAL ... 35b3f693f2

Have pump prices really come down? And I have had my head in the sand?
    At first I left this blank...but now I believe: "It's better to keep your mouth closed, and have the world think your a fool, than open it and confirm it."

I bought one of these from harbor freight and it was junk. I don't see how they ever got it to perform to the advertised specs and the solar cells were crap.
    My old man says when it's time to be counted, the important thing is to be man enough to stand up.”
    ? Robert A. Heinlein, Between Planets

yup...same here. Pure crap. Don't buy. I am looking through ebay now, and the prices on water pumps have come down a bunch. Either they are crap quality, made in China by a 4 year old type stuff, or due to the recession, etc the prices are coming down. Hard for me to know which.
    Don't have the extra money to just take blind stabs in the dark.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ELECTRIC-WA ... 2eb9af83e2

Another, similar to first one. But cheaper. There's gotta be a catch here. This same pump type costs close to $100-150 here locally.

Anyone have any suggestions for pumps with ball park 1,000 GPH, and some headpressure of about 6 ft or more....ballpark...with 110V? I have it in the 220, but these are a beast to run the wire where it needs to go for that pump.

I just won an auction on this one on Ebay for $94.95 (free shipping). I see the buy it now price is now $99.95 with free shipping.
    1800 GPH Pump
    My well water is crap (high ammonia) and I don't want to mess with dechlorinating city water so I've been humping buckets of canal water up from my dock to top up my three systems. I'm just going to use this pump attached to a garden hose for short periods of time to top up. It's supposed to have 18' lift and I need to move water at least 10' over the canal level, so we'll see if it does the job.

I can't seem to get the link to work. I would be concerned about the head pressure. But then again, FL doesn't have much elevation or fall to it....so a couple of feet maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by foodchain
    I can't seem to get the link to work. I would be concerned about the head pressure. But then again, FL doesn't have much elevation or fall to it....so a couple of feet maybe?
    What's the concern regarding head pressure?