Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

WHY AMERICANS ARE FREE TODAY..!

True story and most people will never know it.

Here is an interesting side bar. After the Japanese decimated our fleet in Pearl Harbor Dec 7, 1941, they could have sent their troop ships and carriers directly to California to finish what they started. The prediction from our Chief of Staff was we would not be able to stop a massive invasion until they reached the Mississippi River. Remember, we had a 2 million man army and war ships..all fighting the Germans. So, why did they not invade?
    After the war, the remaining Japanese generals and admirals were asked that question. Their answer....they knew that almost every home had guns and the Americans knew how to use them.
    The world's largest army... America's hunters! Who would have thought??

Adding up the deer license sales in just a handful of states, here is a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters this season just in the state of Wisconsin .

Allow me to restate that number. 600,000

Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.

More men under arms than Iran's army ..

More than in France and Germany combined.

These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan 's 700,000 hunters,
    All of whom have now returned home.

Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that The hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

The point?

America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.

Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.

That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.

(It would be interesting to know how Texas would compare to Wisconsin for the number of hunters.)
    Food for thought when next we consider gun control.

Which is why this fact must be constantly broadcast. Guns Don't kill people, People kill people ! ! !

Out of all those numbers above NO ONE was deliberately shot or killed. To the Anti-gun advocates that must be amazing.

When a person wishes to kill someone, access to a "gun" will not stop them.

Stay awake American protect your 2nd Amendment Rights
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Re: WHY AMERICANS ARE FREE TODAY..!

I work at a gun store PT now to help out the family budget, not because I am a gun toting redneck, but rather because of my time in the service I know a little about them. Every day I hear from 2-3 people that have just been robbed, or had thier houses fleeced, etc. They come to be outfitted for a CHL, or 'home defender', some come in just for an education on what their options are, as they don't know, but really they just don't want to be in fear anymore and have never given it a thought....until its them that gets in trouble. I don't think its a coincidence at all that the worse the economy gets, the more desperate people become, the more unsafe our homes and families are while we are away at work. I myself had an attempted home invasion in the last two weeks or so. The dog just lifted her head and went back to sleep. Needless to say, my wife now knows how to shoot, and we are increasing what I thought was a 'secure' home. Some people call it paranoia...but when it's your home...your family, and 911 is an average of 6.5 minutes away (which is a good time by the way). 6.5 minutes is a long time, especially if they are already in the house. If nothing else, as an unintended consequence I believe fear will drive the awareness and at the very least consideration of firearm ownership into many households. People are scared. This is a reality, turn on the news...see for yourself.
    Oh, and we are getting a different dog. This one seems to be broken.
    You are right though. Guns don't kill people, people do. But there's more to it than that. Gun control has proven not to work, example is WA DC. Handguns are illegal, yet they have one of the highest crime rates or so I am told. Gun control ONLY works for disarming the law abiding public. The criminals don't abide by the laws to begin with, so why would they care about gun control? You have to keep in mind though, that if someone wants to harm you...they will. They don't need a gun. A pencil, a shovel, a rock....it all works. So where do you draw the line? Are we to ban all rocks becuase UGH 1 might beat UGH 2 up with it? Maybe over simplified here. Social Darwinism also takes a role here, education rather than control is far more valuable. Gun proofing a child is much more conducive than child proofing the gun....even if you child proof your gun, what about when your kid goes to someone else's house? Teach the kid. Save a life.
    The 2nd ammendment is in place for the protection of the people, both from each other, but more importantly for government tirrany (sp) which was so prevelant in the early years of this country and in Europe. The founding fathers had to devise a way to protect the people from the powers at be in the event they got out of control.
    Regardless of where someone's own political beliefs are on this matter....no one can deny that the current setup doesn't work, and is in need of attention. But I think all agree that an EDUCATED homeowner, hunter, or other sportsman is a hell of a lot safer both at home and in the woods than someone who just passes the background check, and buys a box of ammo.
    IF there's to be gun control, it needs to be in controlling the criminals, not in controlling the law abiding people....so simply passing laws is not enough. Any law, any regulation that is passed and not uniformaly applied is worse than no laws at all, as it erodes the faith and confidence by the public. Excellent example...traffic tickets. But I am getting off track, and rambling. I will probably catch some hell for what I just wrote, but if you stop and think about it, I am not that far off. No one can dispute that education in any subject is more valuable than aimless law passing that doesn't address the root of the problem. Have a good day....oh, and yes...I have my CHL now. My goal is to prevent what happend to us from ever happening again, or to anyone I know.
    At first I left this blank...but now I believe: "It's better to keep your mouth closed, and have the world think your a fool, than open it and confirm it."

Members

it's not that i don't agree with hunting.. i think it's perfectly acceptable..
    but come on.. a national security force? nobody died? all returned home? tell that to this kids mother this year in michigan;
    http://www.mydesert.com/article/2011112 ... g-accident
    while statistically you can find any numbers to support just about any point of view, the average number of "non-fatal" hunting accidents is around 800, with around 100 deaths per year..and that's only reported accidents.. not a lot, but you get the idea
    while some hunters could be organized into what might be considered a fighting group, i don't think they'd be much of a match up for a real military..
    i'm sure there would be small pockets of well organized groups fighting a long term gorilla war, most hunters would crap themselves and run the first time they heard a bullet whistle by their heads or saw a buddy get blown up

but really.. to gloss over the truth about gun accidents.... kids and adults should have to take gun safety lessons... and there should be consequences if a gun you owned is ever used to hurt anyone, real consequences

Well, you are proving my point. People have to understand the bullet comes out the pointy end. Period. In my experience most hunting accidents are cuased by not identify your target before pulling the trigger, or not following BASIC firearm safety rules. Some people even when armed with a firearm, probably just flat out shouldn't be...even with a safety course. Case in point...I knew a soldier a long time ago, he made it a practice of 'russian roulette' with a service issue 9mm pistol. One day, he lost. Now he had all the training the military could give him on safety and the 9mm. Still didn't stop him.
    At first I left this blank...but now I believe: "It's better to keep your mouth closed, and have the world think your a fool, than open it and confirm it."

In that article I want to point out something, I simply cut n pasted it here:

Delatorre said he's been teaching gun safety classes since the 1990s, and has been doing it full time the past few years.

His nephew had gone through all 30 hours of hunter education training in classes he taught, and then volunteered to help him in further classes.

The kid WAS educated....30 + hours. The article clearly states that the kid knew what to do, was ordered to stay put.....and didn't. It is a tragedy, but who's the one at fault here?
    Gourilla warfare, by civilians against well trained seasoned soldiers has proven effective in our nations history in the past. Technology now is a bit different though. I believe that if a war like that were to happen, it would rapidly devolve to a door to door, house by house engagement. No War in the history of the world has ever been won, without boots on the ground doing the dirty work. To win, it would not be by head on conflict and engagement. But by a combination of Sherman Tactics from the civil war erra, and the gourilla tactics utilized in the Revolutionary War. Idealistic hunters, homeowners and generally over enthousiastic para military folks will not stand a chance against proffessional soldiers in open combat. However, just as the Afg, and Iraqi's have proven with IED's, supply raids, etc. You can exact a significant impact on mobilized forces with superior technology.

Members

my only point is that we do need some gun control laws

Any law though, no matter how strong the intent to be followed is by the public....doesn't mean accidents won't happen. Laws require coffee suppliers to note that the coffee is hot...but you still burn yourself sooner or later. IF you don't want to take the rare chance to be burned by a hot cup, don't mess with hot coffee. When you pick a loaded gun, or when you are around people who have loaded guns, there are risks. Just like there are risks in turning on the table saw. The law, and education can only do so much. Where those two fail, and common sense is lacking, social darwinism must prevail. I am sorry, but there are just some people that don't have the "maturity" for lack of better terms that just shouldn't own a gun. Yes the law says they can, but that doesn't mean they should. They are literally walking accidents, and in fact are a greater danger to those around them. But just like table saws, that margin of the public is still allowed to own them if they want them.

i'm sure there would be small pockets of well organized groups fighting a long term gorilla war, most hunters would crap themselves and run the first time they heard a bullet whistle by their heads or saw a buddy get blown up
    I would venture to say that a large portion of the hunters in the US are former military men and while it would be a scary situation to be under attack in any manner, I think most Americans (when pushed) have a lot more backbone than you give us credit for and we have always had a lot of bounce back power.

As mentioned by FOODCHAIN, the people who had been molested, robbed and burglarized bounced right down to the gun store to purchase some peace of mind and hopefully save them from the same misery again.

More gun laws only weaken the law abiding and strengthen the wicked. Education is decidedly the best course but even then, there will always be crazies out there and accidents will happen even. Check the auto accident records...they kill far more people each year than guns.

Take a look at the crime rates before and after in those countries such as England and Australia for example, who took the right to own a gun away from their citizens.
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Members

i really don't want to argue about the crime rates of australia and england..
    the "rise in crime rates" has been proven to be not true in both countries, what happened is that they started measuring "crimes" differently..
    there are to many people have no business carrying a gun.. there should be STRICT gun ownership rules and laws..
    guns as "defense" weapons.. hmmm.. that sounds like a good idea to me

I'm sorry.. i've just see what guns can do, and not enough people have