Thread: economics

Re: economics

I don't understand the question. Economics, micro or macro is the basic understanding of trade/commerce and general finances acrossed our world. So even at an early age when we teach our children the difference between a penny and a quarter, and the associated value of a given coin we are teaching them economics. When our children mow the neighbors lawn, and get $10 for 30 minutes of work...they start to wrap their mind around the concept. Maybe I missed this entirely. But economics are all around us, eveyday, in eveything we do. It took me a long time to understand this...but the lightbulb came on, when I realized I am spending huge amounts of money, even when I am just sitting doing nothing...utilities, the mortgage, taxes, insurance, etc the list goes on.
    At first I left this blank...but now I believe: "It's better to keep your mouth closed, and have the world think your a fool, than open it and confirm it."

I agree with foodchain. Even in a barter economy, one needs a basic understanding of economics and the forces that drive markets. In a more sophisticated system, you need to understand how markets, supply, demand, monetary supply and policy all interact to move prices and production. Believe it or not, economics is not just the study of the above referenced measurable and quantifiable subjects, it also involves the study of people as individuals and groups to understand why they make the choices and decisions that affect the market and the economy.
    My old man says when it's time to be counted, the important thing is to be man enough to stand up.”
    ? Robert A. Heinlein, Between Planets

Somehow, I don't think we are giving the answer desired.
    At first I left this blank...but now I believe: "It's better to keep your mouth closed, and have the world think your a fool, than open it and confirm it."

Quote Originally Posted by trishana
    How can economics be of help to students and professionals? How Do you think economics could be of help to a student and when he/she becomes a professional in the future?
    IT'S A ROBOT GUYS. DON'T TALK TO IT!

Torches and pitchforks.....

IT will be deleted shortly.

Damn, and I asked her for a date!
    My old man says when it's time to be counted, the important thing is to be man enough to stand up.”
    ? Robert A. Heinlein, Between Planets