Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Sauce

Hot Sauce

Anyone willing to share their hot sauce recipe? I have never made hot sauce, but it's about dang time I tried!

I got ghost peppers, scotch bonnet, habanero, and regular red long cayenne. OH, and some datil peppers! (lots of each)

Members

Re: Hot Sauce

http://www.squidoo.com/habaneroheat

This is an excellent recipe however instead of vinegar i recommend using vodka as it evaporates leaving a far better taste than vinegar

also add about 5-10 ghost peppers

we made the same one without the dried peppers and only one fresh ghost pepper!
    it has loads of flavor with a really balanced out heat.

(also if your lazy like us, just blend it all up and bring it to a simmer on low heat. no need to wait all those hours.for this method dont bother adding all that water, just a couple splashes of extra vodka)
    http://www.diyaquaponics.com/forum/s...nder vipar LED
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^My System^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice! I need a blender, and I will try it this week!

Quote Originally Posted by urbanfarmer
    Anyone willing to share their hot sauce recipe? I have never made hot sauce, but it's about dang time I tried!

I got ghost peppers, scotch bonnet, habanero, and regular red long cayenne. OH, and some datil peppers! (lots of each)
    Some great hot sauce recipes are online if you Google it. I've made datil, habanero, cayenne and chipotle (jalapeno based) sauces in years past. Many recipes will call for carrots as a thickener/flavorer in the recipe. Here's a tip: try substituting beets for the carrots in such a recipe! They add color, bulk, thickening and sweetness and you wind up with a uniquely colored and flavored hot sauce!

Quote Originally Posted by bsfman
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanfarmer

Some great hot sauce recipes are online if you Google it. I've made datil, habanero, cayenne and chipotle (jalapeno based) sauces in years past. Many recipes will call for carrots as a thickener/flavorer in the recipe. Here's a tip: try substituting beets for the carrots in such a recipe! They add color, bulk, thickening and sweetness and you wind up with a uniquely colored and flavored hot sauce!
    What about radish? I got a lot still growing... ever tried that?? They are a different type of "hot"; so, that could be interesting!

Juice of 4 lemons and 4 limes.
    8 squeezed oranges.
    Extract of a large onion and a bulb of garlic. I use the juiceman juicer for this
    25 roasted peppers peeled and seeded.
    25 pepper corns. Cracked
    Table spoon of sea salt
    4 heaping cups of José Qurevo tequila Plata
    Mix and serve. I generally don’t simmer this one because the lemon and lime cooks it a bit and it never lasts very long.
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.-- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
    Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought~fortune cookie

Quote Originally Posted by stucco
    Juice of 4 lemons and 4 limes.
    8 squeezed oranges.
    Extract of a large onion and a bulb of garlic. I use the juiceman juicer for this
    25 roasted peppers peeled and seeded.
    25 pepper corns. Cracked
    Table spoon of sea salt
    4 heaping cups of José Qurevo tequila Plata
    Mix and serve. I generally don’t simmer this one because the lemon and lime cooks it a bit and it never lasts very long.
    NICE! Thank you! José Quervo huh? Don't tell me you take shots of hot sauce at parties???

Members

when you cook radishes they get much milder, and taste a lot like cabbage..
    before roasting your peppers, "cook" the skin off over open flame

[/quote] José Quervo huh? Don't tell me you take shots of hot sauce at parties??? [/quote]
    No need a party to do shots insert drunk guy smiley
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.-- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
    Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought~fortune cookie

I’ve wanted to try a technique that I saw on food net. Roasting peppers for getting the skin off with a blow torch.