Ghost Pepper Harvest

1.5 Liters of ghost peppers (Bhut Jolokia), YUM!

Members

Re: Ghost Pepper Harvest

absolutely gorgeous!!! my brother would kill to see that! hes a freak for all things spicy he has several ghost pepper plants in soil but they are still flowering and not producing any fruit until now, hopefully they will soon!

how many plants did that come from, and how big were they?
    http://www.diyaquaponics.com/forum/s...nder vipar LED
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^My System^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by alex281
    absolutely gorgeous!!! my brother would kill to see that! hes a freak for all things spicy he has several ghost pepper plants in soil but they are still flowering and not producing any fruit until now, hopefully they will soon!

how many plants did that come from, and how big were they?
    1 plant. The cold and caterpillars/grasshoppers have eaten/killed the foilage in the last few days, but it was about 3 feet tall and 3 feet wide. I didn't even harvest HALF of what was on there. 1 plant can give you a lot.

You know, I have had trouble in the past with this cultivar. They flower, but it won't take fruit. On this one I easily lost hundreds of flowers. I thought it had to do with either the temperatures or the amount of light. The pH and magnesium and calcium were also things I tried to adjust. When I added Mg and Ca and lowered the pH (my tap water is about 7.6 - 7.8) it finally seemed to take. SOMETIMES, you put TOO much fertilizer and all that needs to be done is to back off and just water lightly.

My other peppers will flower and fruit while my ghost peppers are dropping flowers. It's still a bit of a mystery for me because I think it was a COMBINATION of variables. I was able to ID very MILD nutrient deficiencies and I adjusted that, but the plant had no other visible signs of stress. That could still mean phosphorous, but it eventually fruited so I stopped racking my brain over it.

Don't give up! THESE THINGS ARE HOT AND I LOVE THEM!

[youtube:2wt03s3h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T61xEW2Iedw[/youtube:2wt03s3h]

DEWD!!! in the eyes!
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.-- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
    Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought~fortune cookie

DEWD!!! I WAS JUST TELLING MY BROTHER A FEW DAYS AGO ABOUT THIS CHICK!!! I WISH I COULD DO THAT