Thread: Hello all

Members

Hello all

I recently moved from the Orlando Florida area to Terre Haute, Indiana.

I am just getting interrested in aquaponics. I only heard about it recently, while doing some research on hydroponics.

I am thinking of doing a small experimental setup in my basement, and if that works well, then doing something larger in one bay of the garage.

Assuming that works out well, I may setup a greenhouse and try something on a larger scale.

I have never had a greenhouse before. Do any of you run a green house in colder climates? Is it difficult to maintain growth through potentially cold winters?

Any recomendations on types of heating to allow the greenhouse to remain functional?

Any and all help is appreciated.

-Larry

Re: Hello all

Hi Larry, welcome to the forum...
    Larry... ....you went the wrong way....your supposed to move "TO" FL....
    not away from it ... :P It's cold in Orlando....you must be freezing 'up there'...
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Members

Tell me about it. As the temperature drops, I regret it more and more

Actually I grew up here, and moved to Orlando just over 16 years ago. I moved back here to be closer to my two kids from my first marriage.

I have been in Indiana since June of this year, and I already miss Florida though

Thanks for the welcome!!

-Larry

Greetings Earthling, and welcome to the addiction!