Taking pictures or generally looking at the fish

My tank is about 4' deep and with 80 fish in there and it is starting to get a little cloudy. My water chemistry is all good so I' m not really worried about that (ph 7.6 ammonia .25 nitrite 0 nitrate a hair off off 0). the question is does any body have a good solution for seeing the bottom of the tank and/or taking pictures?

My concern is with the catfish, I can't see them and the only way I have found to determine thier health is to shine a flashlight in there after dark and they move a way from it. haven't found any floaters or ones that don't move away from the light so I am assumming they are all good.

Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Taking pictures or generally looking at the fish

The ammonia number has be concerned. If you can measure ammonia, it is normally a sign of trouble brewing. What sort of feed are you using? Many feeds result in cloudy water as can overfeeding.

What flow rate are you putting through the growbeds? Here is the issue, if you do not have a biological filter in the fish tank and rely on the growbeds to do nitrification, you need to have a high enough flow to keep the ammonia level low. This only gets worse as the fish get bigger.

If I were you I would add a biological finter to the main system until the growbeds are properly aged. It does not take a huge filter to do this. Because it is only biological, it need not be anything but a big basket of scrubbies or bioballs. The important thing is that the flow is evently distributed over the filter media, and the flow is high enough to control the ammonia.

If you give me an estimate of the poundage of fish and the volume of the fish tank, I can calculate a flow rate for you.
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow

This is probably a result of over feeding! I am feeding a handful of 32 % catfish pellets in the morning and evening. I will back off of the chow for a few days and see what happens.

I have confirmed that this was because of over feeding, went to feeding once a day and everything has returned to normal.