Quote Originally Posted by Aqualeaf
Hi Aquaarche!

I'm from Luzon. Metro Manila... Specifically from Pasig. How about you?
We are here in Palawan.

I have been doing free aquaponics training for six years or more here using small systems. Long before Mike (his forum membership name) got involved. He use to laugh and say how plants can't grow in water alone without a medium. I told him he was misinformed and that there is always a small amount of medium used for the roots in Aquaponics. He has not succeeded yet in Aquaponics.

I will be putting in a large system starting in November 2011. when and if you get down here please contact me I can fetch you from the airport and there is a nice quiet place near by with pool and aircon very inexpensive with breakfast you can stay at. then you can see this style of system. You can take this technique and design a very ascetic system that will be functional as well as look nice.

Once this one at my home is completed and running then next we hope to build a Aquaponic training pilot project just outside the Penal Farm targeting the newly released prisoners in a hope to give them something that will help them integrate back into society.

Nice little system you created there. Pichay and lettuce grow pretty easy. I never thought of putting in Okra but then I am no longer using a gravel bed.

we have some friends and family near you. some in san pedro laguna others in makati I love manila you can find most anything there if you hunt around especially in china Santa Lucia, Benundo and Divisoria areas. It is just to sad it is so expensive to travel there.