Thread: workshop

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.-- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
    Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought~fortune cookie

Re: workshop

WHOA.

Are you whoaing the link or the price? I think that the price too info ratio is ten times better than the book signing that just passed. :P
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.-- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
    Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought~fortune cookie

I think my buddy bought the 'book'...I'll have to check it out.

Some of these training courses 'seem' to be a high cost....
    Education is never 'free'...some times the school of 'Hardknocks' costs more then a formal education.... ...
    Everyone's time is worth $omething....I think of all the hours I $pent 'online', reading about aquaponics...especially in my 1st year....wow... ... Don't take it wrong....I'm glad for all the help and info I received, in all that time....('Thanks!)

I was blessed just recently....my buddy paid for me to go to a 3 day 'AP training course'. I got to meet lots of 'friendly' wana-be aquapons... Even though, I'd been studying the 'raft method' for quite some time, and actually doing it in my backyard for a year or so...I still learned some ways to improve it.
    IMO...if someone really wanted a 'jump start' into AP, the costs are worth it.
    If your doing it 'commercially'....what a great tax write off...going to hawaii or FL... :P
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by stucco
    Are you whoaing the link or the price? I think that the price too info ratio is ten times better than the book signing that just passed. :P
    Oh, I didn't see a price. I'm just amazed how quickly aquaponics is growing.

EDIT: Oh, I see the price now... WHOA! That's about the going rate for these kinds of things.

Quote Originally Posted by davidstcldfl
    I think my buddy bought the 'book'...I'll have to check it out.

Some of these training courses 'seem' to be a high cost....
    Education is never 'free'...some times the school of 'Hardknocks' costs more then a formal education.... ...
    Everyone's time is worth $omething....I think of all the hours I $pent 'online', reading about aquaponics...especially in my 1st year....wow... ... Don't take it wrong....I'm glad for all the help and info I received, in all that time....('Thanks!)

I was blessed just recently....my buddy paid for me to go to a 3 day 'AP training course'. I got to meet lots of 'friendly' wana-be aquapons... Even though, I'd been studying the 'raft method' for quite some time, and actually doing it in my backyard for a year or so...I still learned some ways to improve it.
    IMO...if someone really wanted a 'jump start' into AP, the costs are worth it.
    If your doing it 'commercially'....what a great tax write off...going to hawaii or FL... :P
    I agree, training is the best way to quickly get prepared for a commercial venture in aquaponics. I think the training we attended might be the best thing out there to-date.