Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: PVC leaches toxins

Quote Originally Posted by cedarswamp
    How long have we been wrapping our food and meats in flexible pvc(Saran wrap)?

Much ado about nothing IMHO Ya wanna live forever?
    The Romans made all their water pipes out of pure lead. Many died from lead poisoning. It seemed like a good idea at the time!

They also prepared their wine and other things in lead. Lead was a byproduct of silver mining; so, it was readily available.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanfarmer
    Quote Originally Posted by cedarswamp
    How long have we been wrapping our food and meats in flexible pvc(Saran wrap)?

Much ado about nothing IMHO Ya wanna live forever?
    The Romans made all their water pipes out of pure lead. Many died from lead poisoning. It seemed like a good idea at the time!

They also prepared their wine and other things in lead. Lead was a byproduct of silver mining; so, it was readily available.

America used lead water pipes in the early 1900's some of them still in use today.

Members

i use to do structural sismic retrofits of historical buildings her in the San Jose, CA area. a couple of the buildings had lead water pipes. i don't know if that is the reason for some of the decisions made in the city offices here or not!

Quote Originally Posted by rfeiller
    i use to do structural sismic retrofits of historical buildings her in the San Jose, CA area. a couple of the buildings had lead water pipes. i don't know if that is the reason for some of the decisions made in the city offices here or not!
    That and their hats may be a bit too tight !

When I was in school for the union....they had some water pipes from an old farm, that were 'wood'.
    I guess if you had the right wood, like cypress, they'd probably last, as long as they stayed 'wet'.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Members

The mad hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by rfeiller
    The mad hatter!
    ....you must be talking about Basil1 's new avatar...'?'
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Members

Luckily there is a replacement for pvc that is healthier for you and the system HDPE pipe. I just did some research and It is a lot better than PVC. IT is somewhat competitive with pvc and is by no means unreasonable.