Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: questions

Re: questions

It actually sounds like we do have some of the same concerns and thoughts...

I too, wonder about, 'what 'is' the truth'.... about, what do GMO products do to us if we eat them.(?)
    Who do we believe ? I believe the 'money trail' is key, to finding the truth....but in all fairness, it works both ways.

You say you don't care about the legal aspects...yet you can't find the info you want....follow the money trail.... This will sound like a 'made for TV movie' (I got the idea from real life... )
    If I owned a research lab ....
    And the 'maker' of a 'food additive' product came to me and said....test this and show me it's 'safe'. No problem....I put it 'on' the rat's food, they can eat around it, but I still 'gave it to them'. Test results: the product does very little harm....it's considered "safe'

This time...Some group asks me to test and prove it's 'bad'. No problem.....this time I mix the 'safe' product 'into' the rat's food. Test results shows it causes all kinds of problems.
    My family and I are threatened by the manufacture....Then they try to bribe me before it goes to viral on Utube....and I accept...and retire in Cancun, never to be heard of again.... Somebody in a DC government agency receives a new title and a promotion, someone else receives a nice donation to their re-election...and the whole thing is forgotten.

Ok...you didn't learn about 'azomite' in school....you did learn to 'read there'. You may or may not learned in school...that the ingredients of your 'azomite cookies' were bad. That info can be found on line (old school...in books). And, your smart ...you can put the info together....'when' (if) it can be found.
    Yes , your correct, with knowledge and wisdom, we should 'refrain' from eating the azomite cookies.
    We should refrain from eating them because 'some one else' determined they weren't safe.
    Your right UF, we can only do the best we can, with the info we are given. Then make our own choices...draw that 'line in the sand'.

I knew pvc pipe wasn't 100% safe...I also know how to orbital weld stainless steel tube. When some of my galvanized water pipes needed replaced....I drew my line in the sand...and installed cpvc on both the cold and hot water lines.

I like your last 3 paragraphs...

Quote Originally Posted by urbanfarmer
    Remember, FEAR will always slow progress and blind you from the TRUTH. A higher education, science, or academia are not things to be feared. They exist as a method to seek TRUTH, but it's not the only method.

As Einstein said: "It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure."

In other words, it would not encompass the whole TRUTH of the thing. Life is more than just science, but fear is not a part of the equation in my view of existence.
    The TRUTH 'is'....'Fear' better be part of the equation of your existence.... you wouldn't exist with out it. We were given 'fear' to keep us alive....the fear of heights for one. Why do guys react, when we are about to be hit in the 'radishes'... :P (Ok that might be a mix of fear and instinct) 'Fear' tells our body to produce adrenalin....fight or flight. Mankind would never of gotten around to thinking about higher education, science, or academia , if 'fear' didn't keep us alive.

So FEAR 'is' the reason mankind still exists, and science is just a fortunate by-product of life.....
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

What was this thread about... Earlier, I remeber accussing someone of being a dam yankee....
    Sorry MurCurY...we got way off topic....
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by davidstcldfl
    The TRUTH 'is'....'Fear' better be part of the equation of your existence.... you wouldn't exist with out it. We were given 'fear' to keep us alive....the fear of heights for one. Why do guys react, when we are about to be hit in the 'radishes'... :P (Ok that might be a mix of fear and instinct) 'Fear' tells our body to produce adrenalin....fight or flight. Mankind would never of gotten around to thinking about higher education, science, or academia , if 'fear' didn't keep us alive.

So FEAR 'is' the reason mankind still exists, and science is just a fortunate by-product of life.....
    Yes, its' true we evolved and survived with fear, but it's no longer relevant. People don't fear other races, other religions, science, academics, etc. because they have a need to survive. People don't suffer from anxiety because it was a great evolutionary tool for survival that is still needed. We have evolved beyond "fight or flight" when a dinosaur threatens us. I can actually stop, think, and decide what the best course of action is besides simply running. Look at MacGyver. He actually would have died if all he did was be afraid and try to simply run away. (silly example I know) There are many psychological studies that show why fear is more of a handicap in modern times. I mean, it's like being born with a larger tail bone and needing it surgically removed. Sure, having remnants leftover from evolution might get you a sweet gig at a circus, but it wouldn't really work well with your 9-5 M-F cubicle job sitting all day, OUCH!

Anyway, the bottom line is fear blinds people to Truth, and there's no way you can justify that. People fear what they don't understand, and that keeps them stupid (as well as being lazy, but that's a whole 'nother topic).

You can be deathly afraid of PVC and never use anything that has that "label" or you can move beyond your fear and determine that different additives and different ways to manufacture the PVC yield totally different results and some are safe and some are less safe and some are downright dangerous. Right?

The same goes for GMO. People are scared of GMO, but there are THREE distinct methods of GMO. Transgenic GMOs are, from what I can understand, the real type people are afraid of. From there you can break it down further, but people don't have the slightest clue about what GMO is yet they FEAR it, blinding them from seeking an ounce of Truth behind this ubiquitous issue facing mankind... RIGHT?