Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: My cabin....

Members

Re: My cabin....

So, I have 6 females separated. All at some point were holding eggs. When I grabbed the last 4....a couple had baby fish in their mouths. I'm going to find the largest male and throw him in there....Time to move some fish around for a fry tank......

nice!
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.-- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
    Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought~fortune cookie

Members

so...i finally got around to assembling a tumbler. Need some better screen I think...the stuff I used it too fine...not a good current. I caught a holding female last night and poured the eggs in the tumbler...and she had 2 baby fish in there too! Looked this morning...one died...the other is moving around but can't quite swim yet...and there's maybe 50 or so eggs. I think after i change the screen and catch another holding female...I'm going to have to get a quickset pool. Anyone see any deals yet?

Members

so...picked up some window screen. Put it all together. caught three females that were holding...two had baby fish..the other had babies with egg sacks. Dumped them into the tumbler...adjusted air flow....about an hour later there were a bunch swimming around in the tank and lots of yolk babies still in the tumbler...all looked good. next day...no swimming babies...there's two juveniles in there...they must have eaten them! I have to pick up a small tank to separate the fry from the juvies. Carpenter is building me a tank for outside....5' base with 3'6" walls...600ish gallons. should make for some fun!

Anyone know where I might be able to get bass fry? I have a pond on site I would like to populate.