Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blue tilapia

Members

blue tilapia

hi, i live in ft lauderdale fl and would like to purchase some fingerling(2-3 inch) blue tilapia oreochromis aureus anybody know where i can buy them locally and be shipped to my address?

thanks
    mark

Re: blue tilapia

Just saw an ad on CL. $1 for 1-2 inch fingerlings pickup or local delivery located in Spring Hill. Maybe call about shipping.
    People cry because they are sad. For example, I cry because other people are stupid, and that makes me sad.

Members

thanks basil1 but im sorry but i do not know what CL stands for. can you please give me additional info.

thanks
    mark

craig's list
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.-- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
    Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought~fortune cookie

Greetings Earthling, and welcome!

I’ve got plenty for sale, but I’m not setup to ship. If you can’t find any local let me know. I’m about two and a half hours from Lauderdale.
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.-- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
    Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought~fortune cookie

Welcome to the show....pull up an easy chair, relax and stay awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! Whatever questions you have on you mind, this is the place to get the answers so pick a topic of your interest and start your own thread and Enjoy. Please go to your profile and put in your city and state. There might be other members close by.
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Members

hey guys thanks for all the help. talk to you soon.

mark

Members

ok, since you asked. what is the ideal ph to breed and raise blue tilapia. i heard that they won't breed in a 7.0 ph is that correct? since i heard that information i converted my aquaponics to a fish only system because i raised the ph to about 7.6 by adding coral to the system now the nutrients are not available to the plants. I also heard the temperature has to be a constant 80 degrees also. that is kind of hard to do in south florida. any help greatly appreciated.

thanks
    mark

Quote Originally Posted by sanford
    ok, since you asked. what is the ideal ph to breed and raise blue tilapia. i heard that they won't breed in a 7.0 ph is that correct? since i heard that information i converted my aquaponics to a fish only system because i raised the ph to about 7.6 by adding coral to the system now the nutrients are not available to the plants. I also heard the temperature has to be a constant 80 degrees also. that is kind of hard to do in south florida. any help greatly appreciated.

thanks
    mark
    I'm in southwest Florida, Mark. I have blue tilapia in both systems. My pH in one system is 7.6 and in the other 8.3. (7.6 system has a heavier biological load.) Temps have been fluctuating between 76f at night and 83F daytime. Fish and plants in both systems seem to be doing just fine. I wouldn't worry about the pH until you get the tilapia established and things have hit some sort of system equilibrium for a while.