The one thing that I am finding challenging about aquaponics is that all the good stuff for it seems to be sold in the UK or AU. There seems to be little that I can find in the US, hence everything has to be hodge-podged together. I do understand there is a system MFG of a high quality system that is a contributor here, but getting into the "thousands" category is beyond my means (although I am sure they are worth the price.)
I am trying to cipher a few things.
1. fish, in seattle we have a cool winter and a warm summer. trout? -they seems to be a very touchy fish from what I am seeing. Need to be 60f or below in the summer and cant be too cold in the winter. Need a lot of moving current , and lots of O2.
talapia? may be too cold here for them in the winter? I want to do as little heating and cooling as I absolutely have too. Infact, I would prefer none.

2. the tank. What is better a 300 gallon round tank, or 300 gallon stock-type tank that is more rectangular? For me the more compact the size would be better as I want to stuff all of this in a greenhouse and grow like a mad man. But what about the fish?

3. Filtration. I tried playing around making a vortex filter out of a 5 gallon buck, but I dont think my pump is strong enough to create one. How can I filter out all the fish poo, but yet same it for my other plants?