Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Members

Murray Hallam's videos

I was thinking about buy Murray Hallam's video set. It's quite expensive. before I do, I figured I would see if anyone else has them and how did they like them?

Another question I have would be where can I find the nice stacking fiberglass fish tank and grow beds that he has on his youtube videos? Seem like a really nice setup there you have a long rectangular tank and smaller grow bed that sit nicely on top of them.

Re: Murray Hallam's videos

I think you'll learn more for free on the forums than you will from any over priced video.

Top of the page, Backwater Provisions carries a nice IMHO ready made fiberglass system, and also happens to be a forum sponser and member.

Members

Quote Originally Posted by cedarswamp
    I think you'll learn more for free on the forums than you will from any over priced video.

Top of the page, Backwater Provisions carries a nice IMHO ready made fiberglass system, and also happens to be a forum sponser and member.
    wow! Very nice. thanks for the tip.

I bought his first 2 vids. I got them 'on sale', plus as a 'set price' and free postage. They were made pretty well. I liked them...I kept expecting To see Steve Irwin (RIP) walking around in them....
    If you do decide to get some....there are a few 'state side' places to order from. Also, maybe you could split the cost with someone in your area and share them.

Yes, like cederswamp already memtioned....check with 'Stucco' about the fiberglass systems he makes and sells....@ backwater provisions. Very nice stuff...
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

I torrented all three. I'm very glad I did. It was a great way to learn how to get your feet wet with AP. But of course you will learn more on forums, but it will take more effort and probably more time depending how much reading time you have available every day.
    Current Aquaponics System

11 Gold Fish
    Aquarium = Custom 90 Gallon Raised Pond on casters
    Flower bed = Custom 4' x 8' Flood Table (Bell Siphon)
    Bio Filter = 6 Gallon Polypropylene Tote with Hydroton (Bell Siphon)

Quote Originally Posted by wh33t
    I torrented all three. I'm very glad I did. It was a great way to learn how to get your feet wet with AP. But of course you will learn more on forums, but it will take more effort and probably more time depending how much reading time you have available every day.

Current Aquaponics System

11 Gold Fish
    Aquarium = Custom 90 Gallon Raised Pond on casters
    Flower bed = Custom 4' x 8' Flood Table (Bell Siphon)
    Bio Filter = 6 Gallon Polypropylene Tote with Hydroton (Bell Siphon)

Members

Quote Originally Posted by wh33t

I just finished watching aquaponics made easy. The one thing that is sticking in my mind is that Mr.Hallam is from sunny Australia. Even in the winter they have sun down there. I live in Seattle where even in the summer it rains. Hence:
    How can you grow veggies in the winter?
    How well do they grow in the summer?
    What kind of fish would do well in our cold/warm climate?

I'm sure I could buy or make one of these small systems like this:
    http://www.google.com/imgres?q=Earth+So ... x=92&ty=76

and keep it inside, but that wouldn't feed my dog let alone my family. Perhaps the gardening would be seasonal much like it normally is, and the secret is to can veggies and use root cellars? If that is the case, how do you winter your food fish?

what are the experience of folks in the northern states/canada? I imagine CA,AZ,TX and FL is a no brainer for year around crops.

Thank you!

Members

i'm in the great white north (in the "snowbelt" of northeast ohio), and working on a basement system, using t8 flourescent lights, my fish are bluegill and yellow perch

I’ve seen a few systems in your area powered by trout
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.-- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
    Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought~fortune cookie