Hey all,

I had another gold fish die this morning, it once again appears to be flawless looking. No ammonia burnt fins, nice shiny gold fish like scales. Also I noticed one of the fish that was hanging out by the water pump had this puffy white thing over it's left eye. So I'm very curious what that is and how I can deal with it.

My ammonia is less than 1ppm, Nitrite 0ppm, Nitrate 10-30ppm, ph7, temp 24c, TDS 30ppm. My plants look fantastic, but my fish have been steadily dying ever since I put 50 x $0.19 gold fish feeders into the tank from Petsmart.

For the first little while I attribute the death of the cheap goldfish feeders to poor care from Petsmart, but then finally I had one of my 8 original gold fish (nice and healthy looking, already survived an Aquaponic garden for many months) died to seemingly an unknown cause (old age?) but now today I see this white growth thing over a goldfishes eye (also one of my originals). The contaminated fish is still swimming around and looks fine despite the strange growth over it's eye. I should also note, he was sitting in a corner by himself which is somewhat different than normal behavior.

Any suggestions on what the hell is going on and how I can fix it would be great!