Quote Originally Posted by urbanfarmer
Okay, well TDS is your total dissolved salts. My tap water starts at 200 PPM TDS. No big deal there.

So again, how long did it take the fish to die after you brought them home? I'm starting to think it was a simple chlorine toxicity... Do you have chloramine in the water or chlorine? Both will kill your fish.
I bubble out any new water to remove the Chlorine smell. Usually a 5 gallon water jug with two air stones in it for 24 hours. I dunno if that actually removes Chlorine but it certainly removes the smell of it.

The first fishies died with in 24 hours, and every day since (about 3 days now) about 1-5 fish die per day. I usually find them stuck to the big water inlets on my water pump filter. I thought perhaps the current was too much and they were getting tired and then they'd just get stuck to the water pump but I have seen them swim away from the water pump before.

Also, in reference to your PH shock I actually never tested the water the fish arrived in. I shall check next time for that.