Hey all,

Quick question, how good/bad/useful/necessary is to have current in your water? I currently have a water pump that has a three way splitter on it. One goes to a flood table, one goes to the bio filter (flood and drain) and the other goes into a custom venturi I made which shoots air and water into the tank creating a circular current.

I just recently had 12 gold fish die (some of my new feeders) and My Ammonia levels are below 1pm, Nitrite zero, Nitrate 20-30ish, PH 7.1, PPM 40 and Temp 22c. From my experiences so far, and from reading online all of those levels should be perfectly acceptable for common Gold fish feeders. But perhaps the current was too much?

Now I was thinking perhaps the fact that I bought 50 x $0.19 gold fish feeders could be the problem. This pet store (Petsmart) doesn't have a great history of gold fish. In fact I often visit their fish section and I see dead floating goldies.

It's important to note other than Aquaponics (about 3 months of experience) I have no experience with Aquaculture what-so-ever (never had a fish when I was younger, I'm not sure why). So I guess I also need to hear some experiences with how important it is to source your fishies from integral sources. or maybe even producing my own?

Thanks in advance for all future replies and discussion.