Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Members

Kneedeep's Journey

Hello everyone! My aquaponics farm journey has started Well I actually got started about 3-4 weeks ago and I have some pics to show some of the progress. I am starting out with a 26x48 greenhouse and in the future I have 5 acres I would like to expand on to.

The beginning

I have plenty more pics to add but I was just informed more rain might be on the way so I have to go back outside to get some more work in. More pics to come soon....

Re: Kneedeep's Journey

Congratulations...Very cool Kneedeep....

If you happen to think of it, next time posting pictures....If your using photobucket....they give a choice on the picture size. One size smaller, makes it fit into the page size better, Thanks Kneedeep..
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

WOW congrats! I am jealous! Keep the pics coming!!!

Members

Okay, I'm back! Eastern North Carolina is getting pounded with storms. We had hurricane Irene over the weekend she was a category 1, not much I know compared to some areas but it's not something you look forward to while your in the middle of putting up a greenhouse The only damage received over the weekend was one of the polycarbonate panels on the end was torn out. I will try to fix it or just buy another 4x8 piece.

Today when I went back out to do some more work, a thunderstorm came in with A LOT of wind and rain, tornado warnings, etc.
    I got caught out in the storm while trying to clean things up and we had enough wind where it pushed the bottom of the end frame inside the greenhouse and about 2 feet or so in the air. The look on my face priceless!! Thank God not much damage was done, it tore the end frame and bolts out the ground post it was connected to on one side and twisted one of the long tubes a little. It might sound a little worse than it actually was those because everything is put back and drove some extra metal pieces in the ground in front of the frame for the time being. I will have to order another support bracket for the end wall frame part that was ripped loose from the ground post, but everything else seems to be good to go.

So now that I am done with all of that on to the pics of the progess

Thanks UF and david for the nice comments
    I will also do my best to down size the pics I am using photobucket.

Glad you survived!

You should try Florida. We have some of the nicest hurricanes in the country! The worst part is the hurricanes make the sinkholes open up! Talk about bad timing!

Members

I can only imagine! I have only heard horror stories about sinkholes. I know Florida catches hell when hurricanes show up.

As you can see I am having issues resizing the photos. I will keep trying. Sorry everyone.

I have more pics but I can't get them to re-size. Any idea what might be going on? I click the re-size tab and click on 640x480 and then copy the image link but I just keep getting the huge pics. When I figure it out I will continue posting.

Sorry for the delay

Stop taking pictures and go back to work
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Quote Originally Posted by JCO
    Stop taking pictures and go back to work
    NO! MORE PICTURES NOW!

P.S. I prefer the large pictures you had in the first post.

Members

I will, I will ... back to work in a few

Demanding of pictures is ALLOWED

Hole for sump being dug and completed. The hole is 40'x5'x5'.

More pics to come....

Looks deeper then 'kneedeep'.... :P So...I guess your pretty serious about this...

In FL. that trench would of started to cave in...(we have to stair step the sides, to help prevent cave ins)
    Or, at least there would be some water in the bottom...

Wow, can't wait to see the rest of the build...
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan