Quote Originally Posted by rfeiller
Amazing, up until recently I thought of bsfl as a pain in the behunkie! Marvelous, I think I can get my hands on some salvaged lumber!
Do you raise white worms also? They really put size on small to medium fish as a supplement to their diet. Not loaded with pathogens like tubifecids, and blood worms.
Lots of worm farmers think of them as a "behunkie pain", but actually they are quite beneficial. They'll process any kind of food except high-cellulose items - including the stuff that's a no-no to feed worms. Think of them as a worm chow pre-processor! The worms thrive on the BSF poop. If you age the BSF residue so that any remaining larvae emerge before feeding it to your worms, you can greatly reduce the issue of BSF in your worm bins because the BSF will have pre-processed the food that otherwise would have attracted them to your worm bin.

I've never tried raising white worms. Don't tempt me though! My wife will divorce me if she see's I've started another "weird hobby". (She's barely forgiven me for starting up this whole aquaponics thing.)