Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Members

I'm being logged off frequently

First off, well done on a great forum and a wealth of really useful information.

Only prob I seem to be having is that every 4-5 minutes I appear to be logged off the forum. I know this because I keep getting told I don't have permission to see the attachment (pictures) As you can imagine, trying to follow a thread without seeing the DIY pics is pretty hard.

I'm trying to figure out if the problem is on my side, which is highly probable given the fact that nobody else seems to be mentioning the problem. If anyone has had a similar problem, and resolved it, please feel free to reply.

I've tried deleting all my cookies and reloading, I've also checked my cookie settings to make sure it all good -and it is.

So any advice is appreciated!

Re: I'm being logged off frequently

Sounds like a personal problem! I kid I kid.

Mine stays logged in for about 30 days at a time. I rarely have to login again... Isn't there a button that says "stay logged in"? If not, you have some application running that clears out your cookies and/or sessions on your computer.

GOOD LUCK!

Sorry you are having a problem. There is also a forum member in Texas that for some unknown reason has had the same problem from the git-go. No solution for you. Sorry, I don't have a solution for you other than you might try to re-register using a different email address and be sure to choose the right period of birth at the beginning as that sometimes throws people off. Also, please go to your profile and put in your city and state/country where you live. There may be other members close by.
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Start with your internet service provider, and check your browser secuity settings. Also the normal stuff like cleaning out cookies and history.
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow

Kind of unrelated, but I had a member tell me that he can’t view the forum at work because it comes up as a drug site.
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.-- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
    Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought~fortune cookie

Quote Originally Posted by JCO
    be sure to choose the right period of birth at the beginning as that sometimes throws people off.

What?

Not funny cedarswamp...if ... registering the person makes a mistake and clicks the wrong time frame of when they were born, it assumes they are minors and restricts their access to certian functions
    JCO
    so never forget

My mistake I thought you were bustin' my chops fer gettin' my birthday wrong.

cedarswamp....Quick…look over your shoulder…no..no … the other should….never mind…there’s no one there …..paranoid are we Now let's not hi-jack this man's thread. Does anyone have a workable solution?
    JCO
    so never forget

It has to do with something on their computer. The website/forum is working fine. Disable all antivrus, spyware, malware, or anything else like that blocker and see if it keeps you logged in. It's also possible you have a virus, malware, spyware that is affecting the session information on the computer. GOOD LUCK