Interesting posts.

I agree, with nitrates that high, who needs fish. Wish my nitrates were coming in like that. Not really, for that might be hazardous to your health. Not saying it is, but it would concern me.

As for the pH, the good news is the autotrophic bacteria really like it high; but it is starting to look like you may not have any. It is only a guess, but I would purchase some starter bacteria and add it to your system. Keep doing a water exchange to get your ammonia level down to below 1.0 ppm.

The one thing that you have not measured here is dissolved oxygen, for if it is not high enough, the bacteria won't multiply. I know, a DO meter is expensive, so make sure you have lots of spray-back water into your fish tank and ample aeration via aerators, especially if your water is warm; for warm water will drive out DO.

This is a puzzle you have presented here. Remember, shake the number two bottle of nitrate solution for two minutes before adding to your vile. Otherwise, it can give you false readings. Then let the well shaken mixture set for about 15 to 20 minutes to settle out and complete its color change.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Oliver