Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Grow Lights

Members

Re: Grow Lights

Quote Originally Posted by urbanfarmer
    [AQAUPONIC] SYSTEMS DO NOT WORK FOR GROWING MARIJUANA. We have a report from a friend of a student of ours, who had grown marijuana successfully using hydroponics for years, who tried for over a year to grow marijuana using Aquaponics systems, and never succeeded. Just so you know: When we say “food”, that is really what we mean.
    friendlyaquaponics.com/do-it-myself-systems/micro-system/
    not that it matters, but i wouldn't pass judgement on anything growing in aquaponics when "1 person said it didn't work"

Thanks Oliver. That is an interesting concept!

Quote Originally Posted by keith_r
    [AQAUPONIC] SYSTEMS DO NOT WORK FOR GROWING MARIJUANA. We have a report from a friend of a student of ours, who had grown marijuana successfully using hydroponics for years, who tried for over a year to grow marijuana using Aquaponics systems, and never succeeded. Just so you know: When we say “food”, that is really what we mean.
    not that it matters, but i wouldn't pass judgement on anything growing in aquaponics when "1 person said it didn't work"
    Actually, that would be 2 persons, both of which are under federal indictment for making the mistake of even trying this.

We do not promote this on the forum and anyone asking for such technologies needs to be stopped dead in their tracks, okay keith?

Members

what about folks from a state where it's legal to grow your own? i think we're up to 16 states!
    right next door to me in michigan, a person with the right paperwork can grow something like 16 plants..
    i certainly don't think we should promote anything that's illegal, but it is legal in some places....
    and i wouldn't take 2 people's word on it either.. it's funny -not funny haha, but funny creepy.. that they got busted with a bunch of weed, but they can't grow it in ap

what about folks from a state where it's legal to grow your own? i think we're up to 16 states!
    right next door to me in michigan, a person with the right paperwork can grow something like 16 plants..
    i certainly don't think we should promote anything that's illegal, but it is legal in some places....
    and i wouldn't take 2 people's word on it either.. it's funny -not funny haha, but funny creepy.. that they got busted with a bunch of weed, but they can't grow it in ap
    Wrong. It's not legal anywhere in the United States. Three letters: D - E - A

The persons under indictment followed the advice you are giving, "that it's legal in some places" and it was in fact legal in their state, yet they were arrested. Please, don't pass around bad information unless you know what you are saying. It could cost someone their life (as it did with these folks).

There are also plenty of resources out there, documentaries, etc, that discuss the legal issues growers face. Again, please don't state things so mindlessly unless you have a clue what you are talking about. We're not discussing nitrates here, your anecdotal advice can land someone in jail. We live in a police state, and the laws are QUITE HARSH for this particular crime. There is no slap on the wrist. This is not a joke.

Now please stop promoting illegal activities on the forum (even out of misunderstanding).

Thanks for being understanding.

Members

i would never promote anything illegal..
    i know a few people that grow in california, and i voiced my opinion to them that they were idiots and shouldn't do it..
    i won't even go in to how the DEA targets the grow operations..

i will also voice my support for the legalization of medical usage if anyone ever asks me, or if it's ever on a ballot

i would never promote anything illegal..
    i know a few people that grow in california, and i voiced my opinion to them that they were idiots and shouldn't do it..
    i won't even go in to how the DEA targets the grow operations..

i will also voice my support for the legalization of medical usage if anyone ever asks me, or if it's ever on a ballot
    Sure, and I agree with that, but it's not about you or me.

The folks reading this stuff are looking for a quick answer to do what they plan to do. It is irresponsible for you to share your comprehension of the situation in a public space that clearly advocates doing something illegal by saying it's legal (which it is not). This is not an academic or political debate. It is irresponsible and immoral to mislead people into thinking they will not have their lives torn asunder if caught doing this, regardless of where in the USA they live.

The husband and wife I mentioned only recently told me their story. He was holding back his tears as they shared their experience and she was openly crying. They too, live in a state where it's legal. They too, were given the same advice you mentioned above, but the "theory" did not end so well for them. I do not wish that pain on anyone, and neither should you.

keith, I guess the other half of it is, do you realize how many people READ THESE FORUMS? Everyone I met, EVERYONE, reads the forums here at DIY. MOST of them are lurkers, very few had accounts, and none had every posted. Funny right? Anyway, the point is anyone looking into aquaponics (for whatever reason) will undoubtedly review a vast quantity of the threads on this forum. We do not need to lead them astray, and if anything, we should deter anyone trying to use this for the above said purpose.

And yes JCO, I plugged the forum vehemently. In fact, after speaking very technically about a topic with Murray in front of a crowd of 200 or so, I asked folks to join us here! I was also bum rushed by a crowd of people asking me tons of stuff after, and I directed them to here as well. There is a lot of love for aquaponics out there!

UF man, this forum is honored to have you as a member and I back you all the way in all you say and nothing against Keithr either because even though we don't agree politically, he and I buried that hatchet and those differences long ago.

I appreciate you pluggin' the site and I'll never do anything to make you regret it.
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Thanks Oliver. That is an interesting concept!

Actually, that would be 2 persons, both of which are under federal indictment for making the mistake of even trying this.

We do not promote this on the forum and anyone asking for such technologies needs to be stopped dead in their tracks, okay keith?

I don't think Keith was promoting any illegal activity and IMHO was correcting misinformation about aquaponics. I wouldn't try growing opium poppies in my system either but being illegal doesn't mean it won't work.And please correct me if I'm wrong but don't we consider this an international community? I'm sure some of our member can grow the ganja legally.

IMHO the folks that said it won't work weren't tryin' hard enough and using the wrong hydroponic systems.

For the record I fall on the side of this being a states issue and think the Feds have overstepped their authority. That said I'm against the legalization except for REAL medicinal use.

Now please stop promoting illegal activities on the forum (even out of misunderstanding).

Thanks for being understanding.
    So I guess the idea of a massive aquaponic opium poppy growing operation is COMPLETELY out of the question, huh Urban?
    (j/k)