Thread: CORN

CORN

Well, I grew some corn in my aquaponics system this year. I harvested the kernels and stored them for a bit. I was going to plant the seeds, but I decided to buy a hot air popcorn popper from wally world and the popcorn was AMAZING. Everyone loved it and it was satisfying to eat a giant bowl of popcorn that was grown organically on fish poop. Simply AMAZING!

Re: CORN

....cool.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by urbanfarmer
    Well, I grew some corn in my aquaponics system this year. I harvested the kernels and stored them for a bit. I was going to plant the seeds, but I decided to buy a hot air popcorn popper from wally world and the popcorn was AMAZING. Everyone loved it and it was satisfying to eat a giant bowl of popcorn that was grown organically on fish poop. Simply AMAZING!
    What variety did you grow, and at what spacing. Did you have to make any adjustments in your AP system growing corn?
    Trust God, after all, only He knows what He is doing.

Random Thoughts: There is some truth in every newspaper and magazine, you just need to know where to look....
    For instance: The name, price, date, and page numbers are usually always true!

No adjustment. They were spaced about 6-8 inches apart if I recall. It was pretty tight once they got big, but they didn't care. The variety was some kind of purple kernel. I bought it online and it really didn't say except that it made great popcorn. It didn't taste sweet like yellow corn.

Very nice! Oh yeah, the smell of cooking pop corn. Mmmmmm!

I have seen some pics of people growing corn in AP systems in Australia. Corn seems to like the AP lifestyle. Here on the great plains, corn is planted at about 6-8" apart in the soil.
    Less irritating avatar since 02/27/14.