quietlike how about going back to your avatar and put in the place you are from.

the bell siphon has a number of different designs. each design has it's own little quirks. one thing to look at is the rate of water going into the grow bed, if it is too much the siphon can not break. if you put an air tube in the cap to help break siphon that can be raised or lowered. on the discharge if you install two 90degree elbows, the first going from vertical to horizontal and the second going from horizontal to vertical with a slight upword angle on the horizontal piece that can work. i don't know what you used as an example. i use an extremly simple design that never fails and it doesn't incorporate a tube out of the top and doesn't have a half a dozen different pieces inside of it. mine have a straight standpipe from 1/2" to 1-1/4" in dia. depending on how fast i want the grow bed to dump. the bulkhead fitting through the botton is the same diameter as the standpipe. creating a vortex is not necessary.