PDA

View Full Version : New to Aquaponics!

mbrown
06-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Hello, my name is Mark, I am new to Aquaponics and the whole concept of growing in this manner. I built my system in April 2011 and started cycling water through it first week of May 2011.

rfeiller
06-08-2011, 01:06 PM
welcome to the forum
where are you located?

cedarswamp
06-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Welcome. :D

urbanfarmer
06-08-2011, 11:59 PM
Greetings Earthling, and welcome! :mrgreen:

JCO
06-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Welcome to the show....pull up an easy chair, relax and stay awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! Whatever questions you have on you mind, this is the place to get the answers so pick a topic of your interest and start your own thread and Enjoy. Please go to your profile and put in the city and state where you live, there may be members close by. :mrgreen:

mbrown
06-11-2011, 09:02 PM
welcome to the forum
where are you located?
I am just north of Detroit, Michigan. Sorry for the delay I had an issue with my fish tank, it started leaking and I had to replace it. What a job.

JCO
06-12-2011, 06:49 AM
Please go to your profile and put in the city and state where you live, there may be members close by. :mrgreen:

mbrown
06-18-2011, 06:13 AM
I thought I had updated my profile, but when I checked it, it was blank. Maybe I forgot to submit it. Anyhow, it is done again.

JCO
06-18-2011, 07:31 AM
Thank you, now it's time to bring what you've done to the "SHOW". It's time to pick a topic of your interest and start your own thread and Enjoy and by all means, keep us posted (get it?...posted 8-) ) with info and photos. :mrgreen:

rfeiller
06-18-2011, 07:48 AM
JCO you should have been a diplomat! :lol: :lol:

mbrown how is the progress on your set up it's cycled by now?

keith_r
06-18-2011, 08:06 AM
i go up to detroit occasionally from work.. lots of places to get fish around there!

mbrown
06-18-2011, 09:27 AM
mbrown how is the progress on your set up it's cycled by now?

:D Everything seems to be doing very well today. I am having an issue with my circulation pump, not the one for my grow beds, I use a 1400 gph fish tank pump to just create a current in my tank and add to the aeration. It seems to be slowing down, I cleaned it but no change. It is only about 3 weeks old thought it might last longer. I will have to figure something else out. My plants have turned green again, :!: they look really good. Thanks to all of you for the support. :D :lol:

davidstcldfl
06-18-2011, 11:03 AM
Hi Mark, welcome to the forum... :D

You may alraedy have a little bio slime growing on the walls of your pipes...or maybe a pice of plant or small fish got blown into your pipe (?)

OUICK...start a post in 'backyard systems' and share some pictures...JCO is holding his breath, his eyes are bulging, and he's turning funny colors... :D

mbrown
06-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Hi Mark, welcome to the forum... :D

You may alraedy have a little bio slime growing on the walls of your pipes...or maybe a pice of plant or small fish got blown into your pipe (?)

OUICK...start a post in 'backyard systems' and share some pictures...JCO is holding his breath, his eyes are bulging, and he's turning funny colors... :D

I actually had a fish in a pipe last week, but only for a day. I added screens to all my outlets so that don't happen again.