PDA

View Full Version : user avatars

WAbedroomponics
04-28-2011, 08:35 PM
I notice most forums I use everybody has their own personal avatar because it makes it easy to tell who is who during back and forth on a thread. I was trying to add an avatar but it said it had to be 0-14 KiB so I made the photo smaller (100 pixels x 100 pixels) and it still said it was to large. I am guessing this is why barely anyone has an avatar. I think it might just be a DEU but long story short I was wondering how to add a avatar... if that is ok

stucco
04-29-2011, 03:02 AM
http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

urbanfarmer
04-29-2011, 03:56 AM
You can resize it using an image program on your computer. Paintbrush works fine if you have windows... ;)

WAbedroomponics
04-29-2011, 06:16 AM
On paintbrush what doi shrink it to

JCO
04-29-2011, 08:50 AM
You can resize it using an image program on your computer. Paintbrush works fine if you have windows... ;)

Hey urbanfarmer...apparently your method didn't work...your's isn't showing at all. :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

On paintbrush what doi shrink it to and what about your's WAbedroomponics...nada either! :shock: :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't forget that the format you save a graphic in can change the size of it such as .jpg, .gif, .png etc. :mrgreen:

urbanfarmer
04-29-2011, 05:49 PM
[quote]You can resize it using an image program on your computer. Paintbrush works fine if you have windows... ;)

Hey urbanfarmer...apparently your method didn't work...your's isn't showing at all. :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

On paintbrush what doi shrink it to and what about your's WAbedroomponics...nada either! :shock: :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't forget that the format you save a graphic in can change the size of it such as .jpg, .gif, .png etc. :mrgreen:[/quote:18p4a1ll]
WHOSE fault is that, sir?? :lol:

JCO
04-29-2011, 11:58 PM
In all actuality, it was the fault of the *&^$#R@T%^& that hacked our forum and trashed everything. So, what's your point, I re-instated mine....get up off it and git-er-dun :? :lol: :mrgreen:

badflash
04-30-2011, 06:22 AM
JCO- why not make the allowance of avatar size a tad larger and allow a bigger file? Photobucket has a feature to allow you to re-size a picture to avatar, but our site won't accept the result.

JCO
04-30-2011, 06:52 AM
I didn't set the size myself. It is set by the software and I assumed it was standard because graphics take up a lot of space on a hard drive and it is the software that almost all forums use. Additionally, I had no problem uploading my avatar, however you tell me what size you think it should be and I will change it. :mrgreen:

urbanfarmer
04-30-2011, 07:00 AM
HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW? :lol:

cedarswamp
04-30-2011, 07:43 AM
You look exactly how I imagined you. :lol:

urbanfarmer
04-30-2011, 07:49 AM
You could tell I was a natural blonde??? ARE YOU CALLING ME A BIG DUMB MONKEY??? OFFENSIVE!!! :lol:

cedarswamp
04-30-2011, 07:59 AM
You could tell I was a natural blonde??? ARE YOU CALLING ME A BIG DUMB MONKEY??? OFFENSIVE!!! :lol:

:lol:

JCO
04-30-2011, 10:34 AM
I guess you look OK, but I wouldn't want to date your sister if she looks anything like you. Who does your hair and what's up with that beard? You do however, have a nice set of teeth. Whatever you do, never change who you are no matter how you look..! :shock: :o :lol: :mrgreen:

badflash
05-01-2011, 09:14 AM
If I take a standard photobucket photo 800X600 and use the edit feature to resize to 160 x 120 I get a File Size= 15 kb. Depending on the color depth it could be a bit larger, so set the limits to 160 x 120, and 16Kb. That way most people could make their own avatars. That isn't much space.

I didn't set the size myself. It is set by the software and I assumed it was standard because graphics take up a lot of space on a hard drive and it is the software that almost all forums use. Additionally, I had no problem uploading my avatar, however you tell me what size you think it should be and I will change it. :mrgreen:

urbanfarmer
05-01-2011, 10:48 AM
JCO, does it save the pictures in the database or as a file? If it is as a file, you are welcome to use my webhost. I have unlimited disk space and traffic, but the MySQL database is limited to 1GB. I'm not sure if that would help you or not.

JCO
05-01-2011, 11:35 AM
urbanfarmer I have no idea how it saves the avatars. It has not been an issue in the past, but thanks for the offer to help anyway.

cedarswamp, I see the Angel in your avatar, now don't try to tell me you actually have Angels that color...show me more photos of them and swear the photos have not been doctored. :mrgreen:

cedarswamp
05-01-2011, 11:44 AM
:lol: JCO Ya see that gold airstone to the right? That's actually a purple airstone. The picture is color reversed.

It's your fault, I downloaded photoscape to resize my picture and had to test drive a few features :lol:

The original.
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/Momus128/Picture200-crop.jpg

JCO
05-01-2011, 10:38 PM
I have been raising Angels since 1965 and have bred every color variety that I know of...that's why I jumped at the Blue Angel. I have some Smokey Blue Leopards now but they only show a light blue sheen. My main interest at this time is breeding Koi Angels and I know I have some of the most beautiful ones you'll ever see. Currently have about 10 young proven pairs that are raring to get started pumping out the little ones as soon as it gets warm enough to put them in the breeder tanks in the garage (or better yet as soon as I get the garage clean up again so I can put them in there :cry: ) Do you actually have Angels or just the picture of one (kinda like the "I not only own this shirt but I also own the Harley that goes with it") :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

cedarswamp
05-02-2011, 12:06 PM
No that little guy was actually in my tank until yesterday, unfortunately he went belly up for no apparent reason (I hate Petsmart fish.) I think his tankmate, who looks just like him, except veiltail may have had something to do with it.

I have a soft spot for angels, although I still actually prefer your run of the mill striped P. scalare over the more fancy strains, nothing like a classic. :lol: